How to connect your Wii to the Internet
Let's get you connected!
- Power on your Wii console and press the A Button on the Wii Remote to reach the Wii main menu. Use the Wii Remote to select the "Wii" button.
- Now, select "Wii Settings" to access the "Wii System Settings" menu.
- Using the arrow on the right side of the screen, scroll to page two and select "Internet."
- Select "Connection 1: None"
(Don't see "None" in Connection 1? Click the Connection 1 button, then choose "Clear Settings.")
- Click on "Wireless Connection" and then "Search for an Access Point."
- Select "OK" and the Wii will display all the wireless networks it finds.
- Select the wireless network that is yours.
(If you're not sure which is yours, please refer back to the Web-version of this page, as we have a link to helpful information.)
|Asked to enter a security key?
|If you are prompted to "Enter the Password or Key," then the wireless network you are trying to connect to has wireless security turned on. You will need to type in your security key or password and select "OK."
|Don't know your router's security key?
|Let us help you find your router's security key. support.nintendo.com has information on hundreds of routers. please visit:
- Select "OK," "Save Settings," and then "Yes."
- The Wii console will run a connection test with your wireless network when the test is completed. You should see the following screen:
As long as you see "The connection test was successful," the "Wii Support Code" does not matter and can be ignored
- The connection test was successful - Then you're almost done! After your connection test, the Wii console will check if there is a new Wii System Update available. Once you select "Yes" and "I Accept," the Wii will begin to download any available updates.
- The connection test was not successful - If the test was not successful, you will receive an error code.
- Error Code 51330: This means the security code you entered into the Wii is not the same one your router is set to. Look in your router's settings and try again.
- All other error codes: Visit support.nintendo.com and use the error code lookup on the left side of every page.