Rain World simulates a harsh, complex ecosystem- one where you are both predator and prey, hunter and hunted in unforgiving, apocalyptic climes.
You are a slugcat. The world around you is full of danger, and you must face it – alone. Separated from your family in a devastating flood, you will need to find food and shelter between terrifying torrential downpours which threaten to drown all life. Climb through the ruins of an ancient civilization, evade the jaws of vicious predators, and discover new lands teeming with strange creatures and buried mysteries. Find your family before something makes a meal of you!
Inspired by the simplicity and aesthetics of 16-bit classics, this survival platformer requires clever decision-making, both to catch your own prey and to avoid the jaws of hungry predators. Each ravenous foe in your path will be cunning, vicious and always on the hunt – eager to sink their teeth into you, or even each other. As a small, soft slugcat you must rely on stealth and wit rather than force: learn the ecosystem and turn their strengths to your advantage. Maybe then you can survive… Rain World!
• Explore a vast world of over 1600 rooms, spanning 12 diverse regions filled with ancient secrets and undiscovered dangers.
• Intense, primal predator encounters will challenge your reflexes. Limited resources and the constant, impending threat of rain will test your nerve.
• Procedural design and individualistic AI— every playthrough is a unique challenge!
• Play as The Monk and The Hunter! 2 playable characters corresponding to easier and more aggressive playstyles.
• Control your unique campaign with accessibility, speedrun, and difficulty options sculpted to your particular taste and style.
• Multiplayer Arena for up to 4 players, featuring Competitive and Sandbox modes.
• Bestiary featuring dangerous predators and delicious prey.
Software description provided by the publisher.
Supported play modes
No. of players
Supported play modes
Game file size
Downloadable content (DLC)
More like this
WARNING: If you have epilepsy or have had seizures or other unusual reactions to flashing lights or patterns, consult a doctor before playing video games. All users should read the Health and Safety Information available in the system settings before using this software.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
© 2017-2022 Videocult