Get ready for the next Pokémon adventure in the Pokémon™ Sword and Pokémon™ Shield games.
A new generation of Pokémon is coming to the Nintendo Switch™ system. Begin your adventure as a Pokémon Trainer by choosing one of three new partner Pokémon: Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble. Then embark on a journey in the new Galar region, where you’ll challenge the troublemakers of Team Yell, while unraveling the mystery behind the Legendary Pokémon Zacian and Zamazenta! Explore the Wild Area, a vast expanse of land where the player can freely control the camera. Team up with three other players locally or online in the new multiplayer co-op Max Raid Battles* in which players will face off against gigantic and super-strong Pokémon known as Dynamax Pokémon.
Certain Pokémon can even Gigantamax to gain a new look and a powerful set of G-Max moves. But there’s more to being a champion than honing your battle skills: you can pick your own clothes and get a new hairdo while visiting the stores in town, so you can be the trainer you want to be. Throughout your journey, you’ll encounter newly discovered Pokémon as well as familiar ones that will look a little different in their new Galarian forms! For another way to level up your Pokémon, assign them Poké Jobs to complete, and for fun, you can even play with your Pokémon in Pokémon Camp!
- Release date:
- Nov 15, 2019
- up to 4 players
- Adventure, Role-Playing
- GAME FREAK Inc.
- Game file size:
- 9.5 GB
- Supported Languages:
- Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, English
- Supported Play Modes:
Play online, access classic Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass
Your adventure continues with the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, containing new stories to experience, new Pokémon to encounter, and new Wild Areas to explore! You’ll even meet new and returning Legendary Pokémon along the way! The Expansion Pass contains two expansions, releasing in June 2020 and fall 2020 respectively.
The following DLC is included:
- The Isle of Armor: Scheduled for release by 06/30/2020
- The Crown Tundra: Scheduled for release by 11/30/2020
When you purchase the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, you’ll receive “Pikachu Uniform” and “Eevee Uniform” as a purchase bonus.
- When you purchase the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, you will receive an email to the address registered on your Nintendo account containing a serial code. Select “Mystery Gift” and “Get with Code/Password” from the in-game menu and enter the serial code.
- “Mystery Gifts” will be displayed in the menu when you visit the first Pokémon Center in the game. (Approximate play time: 1 hour)
- Subscription to Nintendo Switch Online (paid) is not required.
- Only one [Pikachu Uniform] and [Eevee Uniform] serial code can be used per save data. Each costume cannot be used for multiple save data.
*MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
*Additional games, systems and a Nintendo Switch Online membership required; sold separately. Nintendo Switch Online membership and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online © 2019 Pokémon. © 1995 – 2019 Nintendo / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. Pokémon and Nintendo Switch are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2019 Nintendo.