Create your own Cricket Legacy
A packed international schedule awaits, including the oldest Test Match rivalry as Australia tour England, the Test Championship Final and the 2023 World Cup.
Cricket Captain 2023, the immersive gaming experience that takes you to the heart of professional management. Whether you're a seasoned cricket strategist or a newcomer to the sport, this game offers endless possibilities and challenges that will keep you hooked for hours on end.
With an extensive player database featuring real-world cricketers, you'll have the power to recruit, train, and nurture your own squad of talented players. Analyse their strengths, weaknesses, and form to create the perfect combination of batting, bowling, and fielding prowess. The decisions you make off the field will determine your team's success on the field.
The new aggression system, inspired by Bazball, uses batting ability and natural aggression based on the current batting tactic, rather than the type of match being played. A generation of cricketers brought up on 20 Over Cricket have naturally aggressive styles that mean many have higher one-day averages than first class. Batting aggressively to match their natural style can improve performance. Equally, knocking runs off at 12 an over is natural to players in the last overs of a 20 over (or even Test) match.
Cricket Captain 2023 also includes historical data for international player rankings and player recent form, including recent performances in Test, ODI and 20 Over Internationals. International team ranking modeled using results of every match in the four-year window. Accurate wicket keeper statistics are also included, with separate fielding stats for keepers and outfielders, as well as byes conceded records. All domestic systems include the latest developments in India, South Africa and around the world.
Key features for 2023 include:
• Match Engine: new Bazball inspired player aggression and rating system.
• International Team Rankings: calculated from last 4 years results.
• International Player Rankings: with historical data, all-rounders and improved system.
• Asia Trophy: play in ODI and 20 Over International tournaments.
• Player Form: includes historical data, opposition and an updated system.
• Recent Internationals: recent international player form graphs.
• Wicket Keeper Statistics: keeper and outfield catches, byes conceded.
• Wicket Keeper Ability: greater accuracy for keeping ability.
• Stadium Model Updates: including new Perth stadium.
• New South African Franchise League: six new teams.
• Indian Domestic System: major update to all competitions.
• Domestic System Updates: all systems updated to latest rules and formats.
• Improved Player Generation: re-balanced with focus on player aggression.
• New Kits: including international and Australian 20 Over.
• Test and ODI Championships: updated for the 2023 season.
• Tournament Modes: play in stand-alone One Day or 20 Over World Cups. Create your own World XIs, All-Time Great and Custom Match Series.
• Interface: improved screen layout and flow.
Complete Stats Update for the 2023 Season:
• Updated player database with over 7,500 players.
• Added historical keeper and outfield stats.
• Updated versus, ground and team records with partnerships, bowling and batting records.
• Updated domestic squads for all 146 playable domestic teams.
• Updated recent series stats for all players.
Software description provided by the publisher.
Supported play modes
WARNING: If you have epilepsy or have had seizures or other unusual reactions to flashing lights or patterns, consult a doctor before playing video games. All users should read the Health and Safety Information available in the system settings before using this software.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Childish Things Limited makes no warranty or representation in respect of any trademark. In particular Childish Things does not make any warranty or representation in relation to the names contained within this software product including without limitation the name of any player, stadium, competition, organisation or association ("Real World Data") all trademarks relating to which are the property of their respective owners. Real World Data is used descriptively and solely for the purposes of information regarding the sport of cricket and all such use is intended to be descriptive and incidental to the use of this software product. No player, club, competition, association or organisation endorses or is associated or connected with this software product in any way and Childish Things make no representation of any such endorsement, association or connection. No image or likeness of any player, club, competition, association or organisation is used in this site and any similarity with any graphical element of this site is co-incidental. All statistics contained within the Real World Data are researched or computer generated and intended to be fair. They are not intended to be and should not be relied upon or considered a true reflection of the abilities or performances of any individual player, club or competition but a computerised interpretation of data given to it or generated by it. In the event that any player, club, association, competition or organisation objects to its, his or her inclusion in this site as Real World Data or the content of any Real World Data they should notify us by email via the support page whereupon Childish Things shall act appropriately in connection with legitimate concerns. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Childish Things have used reasonable efforts to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. This game is not endorsed by any sporting organisation, competition, club, stadium or player.
Copyright Childish Things Limited. All rights reserved. Distributed by P2 Games Limited. The Childish Things logo is the [registered] trademark of Childish Things Limited. The P2 Games logo is the trademark of P2 Games Limited.