Deep beneath the surface of the dead Earth, "the City", the last refuge of humanity, hides. Engineering genius and efforts of all mankind; a giant structure of steel, concrete, and biopolymers.
It doesn't have a name. The locals simply call it "the City". Lilies do not bloom here and the sun does not shine. There is no fresh breeze blowing here and you can't hear the birds singing.
Josiah Kaviani, a young mathematician and statistician, starts his journey in this underground maze of cramped streets. He is talented and intelligent, but he has one terrible drawback – he is unbearably alone.
But soon, Josiah will have a fateful encounter that will turn his whole life and make him break the shell he used to live in. A meeting with someone or, perhaps, something that is hidden in such depths that even the horrific City cannot reach them. Something so secret that the very knowledge of it can be deadly. Something truly monstrous.
• A well-written world that you’ve never met before.
• A dark and frightening science fiction story based on real study.
• Complex, adult characters, each with their own motives, aspirations, and skeletons in the closet.
• A variety of difficult choices that might lead the story to an unexpected end at any time.
• A full range of endings – from bad to awful.
• An atmospheric soundtrack specially written for the game – it is blood music.
• Special art gallery where the player can check their progress.
• Some of the author's ideas were censored as to be found too dark and cruel...
• ...but most of them remained.
Software description provided by the publisher.
Supported play modes
WARNING: If you have epilepsy or have had seizures or other unusual reactions to flashing lights or patterns, consult a doctor before playing video games. All users should read the Health and Safety Information available in the system settings before using this software.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
© Valkyrie Initiative