It's time to ENRAGE!
In a faraway land, the yokai are suddenly rising and running out of control. A small human village is in danger, but Akaoni, a short-tempered red ogre that lives in it, is going on a rampage to defeat the yokai!
Akaoni will run, jump, and bash with his trusty kanabō on a journey to stop the yokai menace, hoping to also find a missing old friend. Along the way he will met Blu, a small onibi that will help him in his adventure for selfish reasons, allowing Akaoni to use the elemental powers of his enemies!
· Run, jump, dash and BASH anything on your way as Akaoni, a tiny but incredibly strong red ogre, with an agile play style and great feeling controls.
· Embark on a 2D adventure in pixel-art style full of action and platforming, travelling in a mystique land based on old Japan eras.
· Find mysterious relics at the end of each stage to open new ways around the world map and progress in a non-lineal journey across 9 different zones.
· Partner-up with the onibi Blu to shoot your foes and absorb the elemental essences of fallen enemies, allowing you to use the power of elements to overcome different situations.
· Run on a rampage chaining enemy defeats in optional combo challenges, or explore at your own pace searching secret treasures that contain riches and upgrades to make Akaoni stronger.
· Play an adventure that it’s both suited for fast pick-up sessions, reminiscent of classic handheld games, or more extended playthroughs.
· Face many strange creatures from Japanese folklore known as yokai, who can be both menacing and humorous, but sometimes friendly too.
· Discover the untold story set after the classic Japanese tale ‘The Red Ogre Who Cried’, in a journey to find Akaoni’s lost friend, Aooni.
Software description provided by the publisher.
Supported play modes
Digital best sellers
WARNING: If you have epilepsy or have had seizures or other unusual reactions to flashing lights or patterns, consult a doctor before playing video games. All users should read the Health and Safety Information available in the system settings before using this software.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
© Akaoni Studio