Northgard is a strategy game based on Norse mythology in which you control a clan of Vikings vying for the control of a mysterious newfound continent.
After years of tireless explorations, brave Vikings have discovered a new land filled with mystery, danger and riches: Northgard. The boldest Northmen have set sail to explore and conquer these new shores, bring fame to their Clan and write history through conquest, trading, or devotion to the Gods.
That is, if they can survive the dire Wolves and Undead Warriors roaming the land, befriend or defeat the giants, and survive the harshest winters ever witnessed in the North.
- Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
- Assign your vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster...)
- Manage your resources carefully and survive harsh winters and vicious foes
- Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
- Achieve different victory conditions (Conquest, Fame, Lore, Trading...)
- Play against your friends or against an AI with different difficulty levels and personalities
- Enjoy dedicated servers and grind the ranks to reach the final Norse God rank!
- Release date:
- September 26, 2019
- up to 6 players
- Strategy, Multiplayer
- Shiro Games
- Game file size:
- 702 MB
- Supported Languages:
- Japanese, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese
- Supported Play Modes:
Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately). See support for details.
Northgard - Nidhogg, Clan of the Dragon
The most alien of all clans, the Dragons follow ancient customs and embrace freakish traditions. They use sacrifice and oppression to further their goals, often earning the distrust of the other Clans.
- Your civilians can go into neutral territory.
- No Happiness or Production penalty for being wounded.
- You start with a Sacrificial Pyre. You can build a Dragonkin Altar instead of other military buildings.
- You start with 2 Thralls. You can buy thralls from your Longship Dock
Oppression is an important aspect of the clan’s economy. Their thralls, like regular civilians, can travel in neutral territory, carry out basic tasks and fight..
Thralls can be purchased from your longship dock and after getting the Capture Lore, you’ll be able to oppress other faction's people.
But if by any chance your regular population falls under your Thrall population, they will rise against you!
Sacrifices and Dragon Essence Gauge
The Clan of the Dragon starts each game with an already built exclusive building: the Sacrificial Pyre. You can use this building to sacrifice your people in order to honor the gods and gain their favors, unlocking various bonuses!
Dragonkin and their Altar
The only military camp you’ll be able to build is the Dragonkin Altar where you can create Dragonkins, ferocious military units, that are far more powerful than warriors.
Svafnir, Clan of the Snake
Led by Signy, the Spear Maiden, the cunning members of the clan have little regard for fame or honour and would rather use guerilla tactics to dominate their enemies than open warfare.
The clan’s warchief is available at the beginning of the game and, while her martial skills are slightly better than a Warrior’s at first, she will grow as seasons go by, becoming more powerful and unlocking new abilities in the process. Her most powerful skill, “Scorched Earth”, can only be unlocked once Signy becomes an adult, and will allow her to burn down a tile, providing attack bonuses to her units and buildings.
*MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
© 2016 Shiro Games. The Shiro Games name and logo and the Northgard name and logo are trademarks of Shiro Games and may be registered trademarks in certain countries. All rights reserved.