Niche - a genetics survival game
Evolve your own animal species based on real genetics, survive and explore a variety of biomes!
Niche - a genetics survival game is a fresh blend of turn-based strategy and simulation combined with rogue-like elements. Shape your own species of cat/fox/bear/dog-like animals based on real genetics. Keep your animals alive against all odds, such as hungry predators, climate change and spreading sickness.
- Living, dynamic world to test your survival skills
- Breeding system based on real genetics
- Over 100 genes to shape your species
- Procedural worlds and animals
- 5 biomes featuring different predators, prey and flora to explore
- Game mechanics inspired on population genetics
While playing Niche, the player is introduced to the scientific mechanics of genetics (featuring dominant-recessive, co-dominant inheritance, etc). The game also features the five pillars of population genetics (genetic drift, genetic flow, mutation, natural selection, sexual selection). All knowledge is interwoven with the game-mechanics. This creates the effect of learning by playing.
Games/books that inspired us:
- Don’t Starve
- The Creatures Series
- Warrior Cats
- Release date:
- September 03, 2020
- 1 player
- Education, Simulation, Board Game, Strategy
- Stray Fawn
- Stray Fawn Studio
- Game file size:
- 1.2 GB
- Supported Languages:
- Japanese, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, American English
- Supported Play Modes:
Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately). See support for details.
Play online, access classic Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
Stray Fawn Studio