You are a hungry, young hoverbike racer who needs to get off Earth before it E-X-P-L-O-D-E-S. Hunt bounties, throw races, and do whatever you can to get to Mars and win the Grand Prix.
You’re broke, you’re hungry, and your only friends are a vintage hoverbike and a bowl of ramen noodles.
In Desert Child, you are a young and talented hoverbike racer who needs to figure out how you can scrape enough cash together through racing and odd jobs to punch your one way ticket to the Red Planet to enter the biggest race in the universe, the Grand Prix.
The world as we know it is slowly starting to become unhabitable, as many people on Earth have moved to Mars for a better quality of life, thanks to a government subsidy that assisted in relocating citizens by providing affordable passage. After several years of running this program, the government announces that in two weeks, tickets to Mars would go up in price, making the exodus to the Red Planet unobtainable for regular citizens.
You’ll deliver pizzas, collect gun parts, hunt bounties, and make some fans along the way. In between races, you’ll explore colorful cities where you can repair and upgrade your bike, dine on the local cuisine, and fight your way through gangsters, bounty hunters, and all sorts of interesting characters, just so that you can have a decent meal and keep your bike running.
Nothing’s free in Desert Child.
• Hunt bounties, deliver pizzas, throw races - do anything you can to earn cash
• Explore a pixel-art solar system inspired by Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Redline
• Customize your beloved bike with Guns, Amplifiers and shameless advertising
• Dine on a range of interplanetary cuisine with sweet buffs to help you win
• Master deep combat and racing mechanics and define your own style
• Race, shoot, and get better! Designed for replayability, with secrets that keep you coming back
• Chill to an original lo-fi hip-hop soundtrack
• Challenge your friends through local multiplayer
- Release date:
- December 11, 2018
- up to 2 players
- Racing, Action, Role-Playing, Simulation, Indie
- Akupara Games
- Oscar Brittain
- Game file size:
- 829 MB
- Supported Languages:
- Japanese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Spanish
- Supported Play Modes:
Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately). See support for details.
Play online, access classic Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
© 2018 Oscar Brittain