Children of Morta
It runs in the family
Children of Morta sets its story in a distant land but copes with themes closer to our daily lives that one would expect. It is a story of simple emotions we all know so well and value more than sometimes we dare to admit: love and hope, longing and uncertainty, ultimately loss and sacrifice we are willing to make to save the ones we care the most for.
Embark on the adventure of an extraordinary family of heroes. With the Corruption spreading through the land, guardians of the Mountain Morta have to stand up against the ancient evil. But... it's not a story about saving the universe. It’s a story about a valiant family standing together while the world around them is being devoured by darkness.
- rogue-lite with a strong storyline
- 7 playable characters
- local co-op - play as two Bergsons together against the Corruption! Additional controller required. (Online co-op to be added in the future)
- emotional tale focused on a family of heroes
- a diverse set of skills
- passive and active items modifying each run
- multiple dungeons set in different biomes
- a rich world full of history and magic
- Family Trials - a mode separate from the Main Story campaign, offering new systems, items, objectives, character builds, and more - all set in a series of completely randomized dungeons.
- Release date:
- November 20, 2019
- up to 2 players
- Action, Role-Playing
- 11 bit studios
- Dead Mage
- Game file size:
- 2.2 GB
- Supported Languages:
- Japanese, French, German, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, English
- Supported Play Modes:
Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately). See support for details.
Play online, access classic Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
Game and DLC bundle
Children of Morta: Complete Edition
Children of Morta: Complete Edition is made of:
• Children of Morta - full version of the base game with all the free updates:
- Family Trials - separated from the story-focused main game mode
- New difficulty settings
- New Game+ Mode
- A new playable character: Apan
- New items packs
• Ancient Spirits - DLC which introduces a new playable fighter character with two unique forms called Yajouj’Majouj; new skins for each character and an in-game package featuring new relics, charms and graces.
• Paws & Claws - DLC which adds new features to the game - like the Animal Shelter System, new boosts, animations and events.
Children of Morta is an action RPG with a rogue-lite approach to character development, where you don’t play a single character - but a whole, extraordinary family of heroes. Hack’n’slash through hordes of enemies in procedurally generated dungeons, caves and lands and lead the family of Bergsons, with all their flaws and virtues, against the forthcoming Corruption.
• Rogue-lite with a strong storyline
• 7 playable characters
• Local Co-Op (Online Co-Op to be added in the future)
• Procedurally generated dungeons
• Diverse set of skills
• Passive and active items modifying each run
• Emotional tale focused on a family of heroes
• Family Trials - a mode separate from the Main Story campaign, offering new systems, items, objectives, character builds, and more - all set in a series of completely randomized dungeons.
Children of Morta: Ancient Spirits
Yajouj and Majouj
An old legend among the people of the south tells of a forbidden love between a human and a goblin. Yajouj the human became smitten with Majouj the goblin. In the legend, Majouj is taken away by force from Yajouj’s house and thrown into an endless abyss where she eventually perishes. Unbeknownst to Yajouj, he set out to find his soulmate but got lost in the bottomless abyss and lost his life in this pursuit. That’s not the end of this legend though, ultimately, their souls need to be reunited in death. A union to surpass the abyss. The souls of the two lovers are to find a way out of there.
Have a look at the full content list for Children of Morta: Ancient Spirits!
- New playable character Yajouj’Majouj ready to have your skills tested within the Family Trials mode. Yajouj’Majouj, unlike the Bergsons, has two forms, and is able to turn from one to the other at your will to create a unique fighting style - combining attacks from both forms enables you to unleash truly deadly strikes!
- Skin system - adds a whole new section to the character select menu to choose special masks for the heroes.
- 5 new Divine Graces: Blood Rush, Quick Paws, and more.
- 5 new Charms: Trade of Might, Blood Sacrifice, and more.
- 5 new Divine Relics: Call to Arms, Thunder Cloud, and more.
Children of Morta: Paws and Claws
Notice: 100% of 11 bit studios and Dead Mage's proceeds go to the Humane Society International charity!
Hunters of the night, creatures of the day. They howl, growl, hiss and grumble - but more than anything, they feel and think in a similar way that we all do. And their lives are as precious as ours. This DLC adds new features to the game - like the Animal Shelter System, new boosts, animations and events - but it actually does far more than that. It directly helps the animals in need - not those virtual, but the real ones. 100% of 11 bit studios and Dead Mage proceeds from Paws and Claws DLC go to the Humane Society International charity, whose main mission is to help animals all over the world. You can read more about HSI here: https://www.hsi.org/
Paws and Claws DLC - key new features:
- Animal Shelter System - which adds a whole new section of the house!
- A herd of varied animals visited the family’s house: Deer, fox, birds and more.
- New mechanic: use treats to feed animals and look after them.
- New special animal-related boosts (XP Gain, Movement Speed and more) available for the Bergsons.
- New Home Interactive Events
- More than 100 new animations, big and small, showing you the life of your new animal friends!
*MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
© 2017 11 bit studios S.A. and Dead Mage Inc. Children of Morta, the Children of Morta logo, the 11 bit studios logo and the Dead Mage logo are trademarks of 11 bit studios S.A. and/or Dead Mage Inc. All rights reserved.