Introducing the most breathtaking chess game ever made.
Chess Ultra features stunning visuals, seamless online multiplayer and Grandmaster-approved AI to offer the ultimate chess experience.
Explore an array of intricately crafted environments and choose from a selection of iconic chess sets designed with both the modern and traditional chess player in mind.
Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran of the great game, Chess Ultra has something to offer for players of all ages and ability.
- Stunning chess sets and beautiful environments
- 10 Grandmaster-approved AI levels
- Intuitive, overhauled local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, available online
- Cross-platform online play and leaderboards
- Spectate and compete in Official Ripstone tournaments
- Demonstrate your skills in over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- In-depth tutorials to help improve your game
- Chess has never looked this good!
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Nov 02, 2017
- No. of Players
- 2 players simultaneous
- Board Games, Strategy, Simulation, Puzzles
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Nintendo Account required. Online features will be free until the Nintendo Switch Online Service launches in 2018. For the latest list of countries and full details, please visit Customer Support.
Chess Ultra © 2017 Ripstone Ltd. Published and developed by Ripstone Ltd. "Chess Ultra" is a trademark of Ripstone Ltd. All rights reserved.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.