Nintendo brings top games and fun competitions to PAX East
Nintendo plans a big lineup of fun games for PAX East attendees to try next month, many playable by the public on Nintendo Switch for the first time ever. The Nintendo booth will feature upcoming games like DARK SOULS: REMASTERED from Bandai Namco Entertainment, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus from Bethesda Softworks, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition and Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido from Nintendo.
Nintendo also will offer a special selection of playable, unreleased indie games within the Nindie Arcade, located in the Nintendo booth. These “Nindies,” the term for independent developers making games for Nintendo systems, will be available to talk about their respective games. Some of these indie titles were also featured on the March 20 Nindie Showcase, which can be viewed here: http://live.nintendo.com/. Booth visitors will also get the chance to compete in informal four-on-four Splatoon 2 matches, mini-game challenges in the Super Mario Odyssey game and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze speed runs, among other activities. The PAX East conference takes place April 5-8 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
“We love being able to get fun games from Nintendo and our partners into the hands of some of our biggest fans,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “PAX East gives us the opportunity to showcase some of the best new and upcoming games for Nintendo Switch.”
In addition to free poster giveaways at the Nintendo booth, visitors who check in using their My Nintendo QR Code at the booth will receive a My Nintendo pass on a first-come, first-served basis. These passes will allow them access to a priority line to skip ahead to play select games during specified times. Those who do not receive passes will receive a My Nintendo pin. Visit https://my.nintendo.com for more information. The posters, passes and pins are all available while supplies last.
Nintendo Switch games scheduled to appear at the Nintendo booth include:
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze from Nintendo
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition from Nintendo
- Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido* from Nintendo
- DARK SOULS: REMASTERED* from Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus* from Bethesda Softworks
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes* from Grasshopper Manufacture and Suda51
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy* from NIS America
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy* from Activision
Indie games to be playable in the Nindie Arcade include:
- Just Shapes & Beats* from Berzerk Studio
- Dead Cells* from Motion Twin
- The Messenger* from Sabotage and Devolver Digital
- LUMINES REMASTERED* from Enhance Games
- Runner3 from Choice Provisions
- West of Loathing* from Asymmetric
- Pool Panic from Adult Swim Games
- Pode from Henchman & Goon
- Garage* from tinyBuild Games
- Next Up Hero from Aspyr Media and Digital Continue
*First time playable by the public.
Remember that Nintendo Switch features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch/.