Learn new details about the upcoming paid service, Nintendo Switch Online
In 2018, Nintendo will launch a paid service called Nintendo Switch Online, which allows Nintendo Switch owners to enjoy online multiplayer gaming as well as a dedicated mobile app that connects to the Nintendo Switch console. This app will help players chat with their friends during online matches in compatible games, set play appointments, and invite their friends to join them online.
Please note that online play will continue to be free for Nintendo Account holders until the paid service launches in 2018.
Additional benefits include:
- Classic Game Selection* access – Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight, and Dr. Mario.
- Nintendo eShop Deals – Special offers that may include discounts on select digital games and content.
- 1-month membership: $3.99
- 3-month membership: $7.99
- 12-month membership: $19.99
A free, limited version of the mobile app will also be available summer 2017 if you want to try it out until the service launches. We’ll provide more details when they are available!
* Product name subject to change.
A Nintendo Account is required to access online services, and internet is required for online play. Compatible smart device required to use app, data charges may apply. Subscription terms for the Nintendo Switch Online service will apply and be made available prior to purchase.
Currently, the paid online service will be available for customers in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. For the latest list of countries, please contact Customer Support. Prices are listed in U.S. dollars and do not include tax. Pricing for additional countries, as well as details of the subscription terms, will be available closer to the launch of the service.