Build-A-Bear Workshop announces new licensed partnership with Nintendo
Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc., an interactive destination where Guests can create personalized furry friends, today announced a new licensed partnership with Nintendo, unveiling three new Make-Your-Own Super Mario furry friends—plus, a pre-stuffed Toad, sound chips and accessories. This is the first time Super Mario products have been offered at Build-A-Bear Workshop.
Starting today, one of the most beloved Nintendo characters, a few of his friends—and a foe, of course—are joining the fun at buildabear.com (U.S.)
Full-sized, Make-Your-Own Friends
- Meet Mario Bear: With his sewn-on overalls, iconic mustache and a Super Mario logo on his paw pad, 16-inch Mario Bear is ready to jump into his next adventure. A Super Mario Bros. Theme Song sound chip is also available.
- Beware of Bowser: The troublemaking King of the Koopas is ferociously fun when downsized to furry friend form. With his awesome back shell and a cool Super Mario graphic on the paw pad, 15-inch Bowser is an epic addition to your collection, especially when you add his 5-in-1 Sounds.
- It’s Mario’s closest buddy! Kind-hearted and easygoing, Yoshi is always ready for adventure! Now you can add Mario’s comrade to your collection.
Pre-Stuffed Plush and Accessories
Complete your Super Mario team with costumes, wrist accessories and sound chips for your own real-life Mushroom Kingdom!
- Toad: This cute and helpful Toad always has positive words of encouragement for Mario. This pre-stuffed furry friend features Toad's signature red and white polka dots, blue vest and white pants. Protect the Mushroom Kingdom and add Toad to your collection!
- Super Mario Wrist Accessory Set (3 pack): Power up your furry friend's accessories by adding this awesome three-piece set to your collection! This plush wrist accessory set comes with a Yoshi egg, a Super Star and a Super Mushroom.
- Red Super Mario Hoodie: Jump into fun with this adorable red hoodie! With a fun Mario and Yoshi graphic on the front, this warm hoodie for your furry friend will delight Super Mario fans of all ages.
- Luigi Costume: Okie dokie! Dress your furry friend just like Luigi, with his signature green hat and blue overalls.
- Princess Peach Costume: Our princess might be in another castle, but your furry friend will be positively peachy in your arms when dressed in this two-piece Princess Peach costume!
- Super Mario Bros. Theme Song: Power up your all-star team and head to the castle by adding the Super Mario Bros. Theme Song to your furry friend! This iconic theme will play anytime you give your furry friend a hug!
- Bowser 5-in-1 Sounds: Bwahahaha! Your Bowser furry friend will be the ultimate boss when you add his signature 5-in-1 sounds!
“Super Mario is a classic game franchise many of our Guests know and love, and we’ve had a lot of fun bringing these characters into furry friend form,” said Jennifer Kretchmar, chief product officer, Build-A-Bear Workshop. “Like Build-A-Bear, Nintendo’s characters appeal to everyone, so we couldn’t wait to team up for the first time and offer another way for Guests to enjoy the timeless brand.”
The complete Build-A-Bear Workshop Nintendo collection is available online now at buildabear.com and buildabear.co.uk. Mario Bear, Yoshi, Bowser (select stores only) and all outfits and accessories will begin rolling out in U.S., U.K. and Canada stores this weekend.
“Bringing beloved characters like Mario, Yoshi and Bowser to Build-A-Bear aligns our shared goal of engaging kids and families in fun and new ways,” said Tom Prata, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives. “Now, even the youngest member of the family can interact with Nintendo by creating their own powered-up furry friend.”