Free update! Expanded options, cooking DIYs, and much, much more come to Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Whether you are a brand-new resident, have been tending your island every day, or just drop in every now and then, now’s a great time to play the Animal Crossing™: New Horizons game! A big new update has just released that adds a bunch of free stuff. You should check it out if you:
- Enjoy chatting with a reserved barista named Brewster in the museum café.
- Like being ferried along by the seaworthy Kapp’n (while listening to his classic shanties) to explore interesting islands.
- Have a desire to cook delicious in-game meals.
- Love growing vegetables.
- Want to help Harv make a lovely community on his island. (Is that…a fortune-telling shop?!)
- Appreciate island ordinances (such as the one that reduces the rate that weeds grow).
- Take joy in new decorating options. (Ceiling décor and lighting really can pull the room together!)
- Collect gyroids*.
- Participate in group stretching.
There’s more stuff to discover, but this list is already getting out of hand. Remember that the Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise paid DLC** also came out today. You can find out more information on the DLC here.
How to update your game
It’s quite possible that your game has already updated itself, but it’s easy to find out. Just select the game’s icon on the HOME Menu, press the + Button, and select Software Update (internet connection required). If you need to update, you may be asked to restart the game. Once you’re all updated, just jump back to your island.
About Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Relax on a deserted island and create your own paradise as you explore, create, and customize in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Your island getaway has a wealth of natural resources that can be used to craft everything from tools to creature comforts. You can catch bugs at the crack of dawn, chat with charming residents, decorate your paradise, or enjoy sunset on the beach while fishing in the ocean. The time of day and season match real life, so each day on your island is a chance to check in and find surprises all year round.
We hope you enjoy your stay!
*If you don’t know what a gyroid is, just know that they’re fun little items you can collect. They have quite a bit of personality!
**Full version of game required to use DLC. Sold separately.