Nintendo Switch Parental Controls™ app
What’s new in the latest update
View play records for individual usersYou can now see how much time each family member spends on the Nintendo Switch console. The app will display:
- Daily and monthly game time per person
- Daily non-gaming time spent on the console
- Daily time spent with Parental Controls disabled
- Average play times per month
- Days played per month
You can share Monthly play records with another parent or guardian via the app.
View game downloadsYou can now see a record of downloads to your console and enable push notifications for new downloads.
Disable alarms for todayParents or guardians can disable play time limit alarms and game suspensions for a full day. This can come in handy on special occasions and holidays, or whenever everyone’s allowed to play longer.
Internet connection required to use this app. Data charges may apply.
Your Nintendo Switch must be on version 3.0.0 in order to take advantage of the new features in the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app.
How to update your Nintendo Switch console
- If your Nintendo Switch is connected to the internet, your console will download the update automatically.
- Once the download is complete, you’ll be asked if you’d like to install the update. Be sure to save any game progress before you continue.
- When you’re ready to install the update, choose “update” to install. Your console will restart to complete the update.
The Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app lets users control settings for their Nintendo Switch systems. However, it does not include settings for this app or the Nintendo Switch Online app, because apps run on smart devices rather than a Nintendo system. To set restrictions for your apps, please refer to your smart device settings.