Select a product
This item will be sent to your system automatically after purchase.
Afterimage is a hand-drawn 2D action adventure that emphasizes fast-paced combat with diversified character builds, non-linear levels, and a gripping storyline set in the ruins of a fantasy world. Years after the cataclysm called “The Razing” nearly brought an end to the human civilization, an amnesiac girl named Renee awakens among the ruins of the city’s capital. To recover her lost memories, she embarks on a journey to rescue her mentor, inexplicably setting into motion a series of events that will determine the fate of the new world.
• Explore a non-linear world - unearth the secrets buried deep within the ruins of the vast interconnected world of Engardin. Interact with over 50 different NPCs, each with their own story and purpose. Learn more about their role in Engardin through side quests!
• Fight over 170 varieties of enemies, including 30 tough boss encounters.
• Deep RPG mechanics allow for diverse character builds – over 200 different equipment to collect and choose from including 6 classes of main weapon, sub weapon, armor and accessories. Invest talent points into a variety of stat upgrades and unique weapon skills for each class of weapon.
• Determine the fate of the world – discover multiple endings depending on Renee’s actions that will shape the future of Engardin.
• Stunning 2D art style with animations hand-drawn frame-by-frame.
• Discover new abilities and new Afterimages that grant unique benefits in your exploration and combat. Use these skills to access new areas, shortcuts, and master these in combat to defeat more difficult enemy encounters!
• Over 40 original orchestral tracks composed by the Aurogon Sound Team and fully recorded by International Master Philharmonic Orchestra and other various musicians.
Software description provided by the publisher.
Supported play modes
No. of players
Supported play modes
Game file size
Play online, access classic NES™ and Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
This game supports:Save Data CloudLearn more
Digital best sellers
WARNING: If you have epilepsy or have had seizures or other unusual reactions to flashing lights or patterns, consult a doctor before playing video games. All users should read the Health and Safety Information available in the system settings before using this software.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
© 2023 Netera Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Published by Modus Games™. Modus Games™ and the Modus™ logo are trademarks of Maximum Games, LLC. All rights reserved.