Presenting a Special Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Pre-Release Video!
A New Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Video Has Been Released!
You can now watch a special video showcasing Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet on the official Pokémon YouTube channel. Please check it out.
The Scarlet Book and the Violet Book
The Scarlet Book, which will appear in Pokémon Scarlet, and the Violet Book, which will appear in Pokémon Violet, are records from an expedition that were written long, long ago. The expedition is said to have traversed an uncharted area of the Paldea region, but whether or not the accounts depicted are true remains unclear. It seems Arven always carries a copy with him.
The Monsters Described in the Scarlet Book and Violet Book
Photographs and sketches of unidentified creatures fill the pages of the Scarlet Book and Violet Book. While there have been sightings of similar creatures in recent years, such reports are rare, and specific details of their biology are still a mystery.
The Monster Known as Great Tusk
The book describes how this savage monster attacked the expedition team with its large body and tusks, mortally wounding one of the explorers.
The Monster Known as Iron Treads
It is said that when this monster curls its body and rolls to attack, it leaves a trail gouged into the ground, as if it had scorched the earth.
* Great Tusk will be depicted in the Scarlet Book and Iron Treads will be depicted in the Violet Book.
Introducing a Newly Discovered Pokémon: Gimmighoul!
At first glance, these Gimmighoul seem to resemble treasure chests—in fact, they don’t look like Pokémon at all! Gimmighoul hide all over the Paldea region, seemingly lying in wait for somebody to come across them.
Gimmighoul (Chest Form)
It Hides inside a Treasure Chest and Moves Slowly
These Gimmighoul hide inside sturdy treasure chests. While this provides them with a solid defense, the treasure chest’s weight causes Gimmighoul to move slowly, making travel difficult. It is not uncommon for Chest Form Gimmighoul to be mistaken for an antique and taken home or sold to an antique store.
Gimmighoul Controls People and Pokémon, Making Them Collect Coins
When Gimmighoul senses a person or Pokémon draw near, it ambushes them. It then uses ghost energy to control its target, forcing them to collect coins. Because it often hides in warehouses, shop corners, and other places people and Pokémon don’t frequent, it tends to keep persistent control of those it does manage to encounter.
Another Kind of Gimmighoul: Gimmighoul’s Roaming Form
It seems that Gimmighoul has a second form called Roaming Form Gimmighoul. This kind of Gimmighoul doesn’t hide in a treasure chest. It’s small, carries a single coin on its back, and can be found hiding all over Paldea. However, since they run away as soon as a person approaches, it seems not a single Trainer in Paldea has ever managed to catch one.
Take On Limited-Time Tera Raid Battles Together!
In a Tera Raid Battle, you’ll join a team of four to take on wild Terastallized Pokémon within a certain time limit. Limited-time Tera Raid Battle events where you will be able to take on specific Pokémon or encounter Pokémon with specific Tera Types are in development and will launch sometime after the games are released.
Catch a Charizard with the Mightiest Mark in a Special Event!
During your adventures in the Paldea region, you may find black crystals that look different than the ones you ordinarily approach to take on a Tera Raid Battle. The Pokémon you’ll face at these black Tera Raid crystals are much stronger than those that appear in ordinary Tera Raid Battles. If you manage to successfully defeat these Pokémon, you can get rewards that are even more exciting than usual.
Charizard with the Mightiest Mark will be appearing in black crystal Tera Raid Battles! during two time periods: from Friday, 2 December, to Monday, 5 December—and then again from Friday, 16 December, to Monday, 19 December!
Charizard is a Pokémon that normally cannot be encountered in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. But during the two time windows listed above, you’ll be able to find Charizard with Dragon as its Tera Type in black crystal Tera Raid Battles! This Charizard with the Mightiest Mark will be incredibly strong and will use powerful moves. Defeating it by yourself will be extremely difficult. Team up with family, friends, and Trainers around the world to take it on together!
Event periods: Friday, 2 December at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, 5 December at 7:59 a.m. (UTC+8)
Friday, 16 December at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, 19 December at 7:59 a.m. (UTC+8)
Charizard with the Mightiest Mark can be caught in Tera Raid Battles at black Tera Raid crystals. Join forces with your friends and catch this unrivaled Charizard!
* Charizard with the Mightiest Mark caught during either of the abovementioned time frames will have the same stats and moves.
* Only one Charizard with the Mightiest Mark can be caught per save file.
* You will still be able to participate in black crystal Tera Raid Battles and receive rewards even after you have already caught Charizard with the Mightiest Mark.
* Charizard may appear again in other events or be encounterable in different ways in the future.
* To take on Tera Raid Battles at black crystals, you will need to complete an event that is unlocked after you finish the game’s main story. However, you will be able to join black crystal Tera Raid Battles without completing this event if you join another Trainer’s Tera Raid Battle when playing multiplayer, or if you join another Trainer’s Tera Raid Battle using a Link Code.
* A paid Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to participate in Tera Raid Battles with other Trainers online. Nintendo Switch Online (sold separately) is not available in all countries.
* To participate in limited-time black crystal Tera Raid Battles, you need to have received the latest Poké Portal data. A paid Nintendo Switch Online membership is not required to receive this data.
* You will automatically receive the latest Poké Portal data any time your Nintendo Switch system is connected to the internet. Alternatively, you’ll be able to manually download the latest data any time you want by opening the menu in your game and selecting Poké Portal then Check Poké Portal News.
Players Who Played Past Pokémon Games Can Get Rotom Phone Cases!
If you have save data from the Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!, Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Shining Pearl, or Pokémon Legends: Arceus games, you will be able to receive a Rotom Phone case corresponding to its respective game in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. Swap out your Rotom Phone case to one that suits your style as you set out to explore the Paldea region!
You can receive these Rotom Phone cases by talking to the woman in front of the stairs leading up to Mesagoza’s central plaza.
* It takes approximately two hours of play time to reach the point where this feature is available.
Further updates are planned for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet after release. You’ll be able to enjoy Mystery Gifts and features using internet by downloading the latest data.
The version 1.0.1 update is planned to be available on the games' release day, so please be sure to update your game before you start playing.
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet launches for Nintendo Switch on 18 November.
Check out the official page here.
* Please check here to learn how to download updates.
* To download the version 1.0.1 update, you will need at least 1GB of free space on your system memory or microSD card. Please visit this page to learn how to check your available space and manage your data.
* To download updates, your user profile must be linked to a Nintendo Account and you must be able to connect your Nintendo Switch system to the internet.
* To interact with other trainers online, a Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required. Nintendo Switch Online is unavailable in your region.
* Screenshots are from a title under development.
©2022 Pokémon. ©1995–2022 Nintendo / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc.
Pokémon is a registered trademark of Nintendo, Creatures, and GAME FREAK.
Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo Switch logo are trademarks of Nintendo.