Chess like you're never seen it before!
Beautiful 3D Visuals! 3 Tournaments to test your tactics.
Download Pure Chess® to experience chess the way it's meant to be played, in stunning 3D.
Experience one of the oldest known boardgames on the advanced technology of today. Pure Chess® is a game that can be played by everyone, at any age, but mastered by only a few. The question is...Are you a Grandmaster in the making?
Full game upgrade features:
- Staunton, Checker, and Williams chess sets created with stunning detail and precision
- Museum, Penthouse, and Library locations beautifully portrayed
- Comprehensive tutorial that teaches you basic, intermediate, and advanced chess techniques
- 3 Tournaments to test your tactics
- 100 Bonus chess puzzles to ponder over
- Play By Mail with up to 8 of your friends
- Track your ELO and Tournament ratings in the ranking boards
In-game content available for purchase using stored account funds.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Mar 20, 2014
- No. of Players
- 2 players alternating
- Puzzle, Strategy
- VooFoo Studios
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.