Command an army, customize battlefields, and challenge your friends, in this richly detailed return to retro turn-based combat!
Take to the battlefield with Wargroove, a turn-based strategy game for up to 4 players! Choose your Commander and wage war on battling factions, using your ‘groove’ to strategically sway the fight in your favor!
When war breaks out in the Kingdom of Cherrystone, the young Queen Mercia must flee her home. Pursued by her foes, the only way to save her kingdom is travel to new lands in search of allies. But who will she meet along the way, and what sinister challenges will she face?
- Choose your Commander - a vibrant cast of 12+ characters, each with their own distinct personalities and motivations. Decide your allegiance to one of four warring factions; the Cherrystone Kingdom, Heavensong Empire, Felheim Legion, and Floran Tribes.
- Challenge your friends to local and online multiplayer skirmish modes with complete rule customization, as well as local and online competitive and co-op play.
- Design and share online your own complex series of battlefields, with branching story paths using easy to master in-game map and campaign editors.
- Follow the story of a fresh-faced and inexperienced young Queen on a quest against unworldly forces in Campaign mode, told through animated pixel art cut-scenes and dynamic battles.
- Learn more about each character you encounter through a trial of boisterous bouts in Arcade mode, fighting 5 different opponents in quick succession.
- Outwit the enemy in Puzzle mode, using your strategic skills to complete tricky challenges in just ONE turn.
- Seek out hidden in-game content and unlockables - old school style!
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Jan 31, 2019
- No. of Players
- up to 4 players
- File Size
- 294 MB
- Strategy, Multiplayer
- Chucklefish LTD
- Supported Play Modes:
Get even more from your games with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
This paid service gives you access to online play, a selection of NES™ games, cloud backup for your save data in compatible games, and more.
Learn more and sign up >
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online.
Wargroove © Chucklefish LTD 2018. All rights reserved
Releases Feb 06, 2020DLC details
Grab a fellow ruffian, set up your Hideout and take on Wargroove: Double Trouble. Designed with co-op play in mind, this expansion adds a new story campaign that introduces Outlaw Commanders; the mighty Wulfar, troublemaker twins Errol and Orla, as well as the maleficent Vesper.
It won’t be easy, but at least you’ll have two new units at your command - Thieves and Riflemen! Take tactical advantage of these new recruits, sending forth your Thief to ransack enemy gold and carefully positioning your Rifleman to take out enemy troops.
> Brand new Co-Op Story Campaign (can be played couch co-op, online co-op or even solo)
> 3 New Roguish Commanders
> 2 New Units - Thieves & Riflemen
> New Arcade missions
> Competitive online Quick Play maps
> Public and Private Multiplayer Lobbies
> Custom maps now playable online
> New Volcano map theme and more updates to the custom Editor tools
> Outlaw music tracks, composed by Phonetic Hero
> And much more!
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.