Uh-oh, you're using an unsupported browser.
To view the screenshot gallery, upgrade to the latest version of either Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
CREATE. EXPLORE. SURVIVE.
Current owners of Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition will be able to upgrade to the new version of Minecraft by downloading it from Nintendo eShop for free!
This new version will let you play together across different devices, access a multitude of content through the Minecraft Store and get all future game updates, starting with Update Aquatic.
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures. Build anything you can imagine with unlimited resources in Creative mode, or go on grand expeditions in Survival, journeying across mysterious lands and into the depths of your own infinite worlds. Will you hide from monsters or craft tools, armor and weapons to fight back? No need to go alone! Share the adventure with friends in split-screen multiplayer and online!
With constant updates and community creations, Minecraft is bigger, better and more beautiful than ever before. Explore amazing player-made maps, thrilling minigames and more! Band together with friends playing on phone, Windows 10 or console, set up your own online world with Realms*, or join one of the massive player-run servers*! There are so many ways to play!
- Play and share with friends on mobile, PC and console
- Discover community creations in the new in-game store
- Access new mini games and game modes through Servers
- Share the couch with four player split screen
- Play on the go in handheld or tabletop modes
- Includes Super Mario Mash-Up, Natural Texture Pack, Biome Settlers Skin Pack, Battle & Beasts Skin Pack, Campfire Tales Skin Pack
- After June 21st, 2018, " Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition " (2017) will no longer be available for purchase from the Nintendo eShop. Existing owners can continue to play. *Existing owners will be able to re-download this version if needed.
- Players of "Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition" (2017) will be able to convert their worlds to "Minecraft" (2018), but should expect the process to take some time. There is currently no way for Minecraft: Wii U Edition worlds to transfer to "Minecraft" (2018) on Nintendo Switch.
- While The Super Mario Mash-Up Pack is pre-installed with the game, to access the remaining DLC packs included with the base game purchase you must download them from the in-game store.
- A Microsoft Account is free and by signing in on device allows Minecraft players on Nintendo Switch to play with others on non-Nintendo devices. It also enables the portability of Minecoins and in-game store purchases to other devices.
- You can purchase Minecoins in Nintendo eShop. Minecoins let you buy content in our in-game store, safely and securely. Minecoins are kept in your virtual wallet and can be used in Minecraft on other devices if you have a Microsoft Account.
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Jun 21, 2018
- No. of Players
- up to 8 players
- Action, Adventure, Strategy, Simulation
- Mojang AB
Get even more from your games with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
This paid service gives you access to online play, a selection of NES™ games, cloud backup for your save data in compatible games, and more.
Learn more and sign up >
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. This game does not support Save Data Cloud backup. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online.
Realms requires paid subscription (sold separately). Realms and servers available as released. Free Microsoft account required for cross-play.
Mojang © 2009-2018. "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.
Holiday Gift Guide
This game and many more are part of the Nintendo Holiday Gift Guide. Visit the site to receive helpful gift recommendations for your favorite gamers, or make your own wish list and share it with friends and family!
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.