The party game for funny people and their unfunny friends!
Grab a few friends and get ready to laugh. Use Your Words is the party game for funny people and their unfunny friends!
Use Your Words is a game that invites players to respond to a variety of mini-games and prompts with the funniest answers they can think of! Players play using their phones and tablets as controllers, making game-play seamless and quick to pick up. Players who get stumped can use one of the hidden "House Answers" to lay a trap for their fellow players once it's time for everyone to vote for their favorite.
Whether you're a total novice or a world-famous comedian, we guarantee hours of non-stop hilarity. So, grab a few friends and get ready to laugh along with Use Your Words!
For 3-6 players (and way more spectators)! Use your smartphone as your controller!
Use Your Words ships with 4 unique mini-games:
- Sub The Title: Watch a short clip from a foreign film, then write your own subtitle!
- Blank-o-Matic: Fill in the blank to complete the sentence! Write an answer that matches your sense of humor!
- EXTRA, EXTRA!: Write a hilarious caption or clickbait headline for a ridiculous photo, in a take on the classic "caption this" game!
- Survey Says: Go with your gut in this rapid-fire game show style "lightning round"!
- 4 hilarious mini-games with tons of content!
- Support for all HTML5-enabled devices!
- "Family Mode" to filter out adult or otherwise controversial prompts!
- A classy vintage soundtrack with songs by legendary composer Bob Thompson!
- Hours and hours of playable content with more to come!
- Up to 1000 spectators will be able to watch and vote for their favorite answers!
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Aug 03, 2017
- No. of Players
- up to 6 players
- Party, Multiplayer, Board Game
- Smiling Buddha Games, LLC
- Smiling Buddha Games, LLC.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
NOTE: This game is played locally, but remote players can play via stream or video conference.
NOTE: Use Your Words is in English only.
NOTE: This game is local multiplayer, but can be enjoyed over streams with remote players.
Please note: while Joy-Con are necessary to navigate the in-game menus, it is not possible to play through any of the modes of Use Your Words using Joy-Con. In order to play, users are required to connect additional devices (such as smart phones, tablets, computers, etc.) as controllers via a website called wordsgame.lol. Any device that has a web browser supporting websockets and HTML 5 may work as a controller for the game. Internet connection required during play.
Developed by Smiling Buddha Games, LLC. Game and Software © 2017 Smiling Buddha Games, LLC. Use Your Words® copyright © 2017 Smiling Buddha Games, LLC. Use Your Words® and its logo are registered trademarks of Smiling Buddha Games, LLC. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.