Tropico 6 - Nintendo Switch™ Edition
The Tropico 6 - Nintendo Switch™ Edition includes an exclusive palace design, the captivating flamingo pond, something every dictator craves to impress his neighbouring states and a tourist costume for El Prez to enjoy those warm caribbean nights adequately.
• Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
• Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
• Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
• Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
• Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
• Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
In times of political turmoil and social unrest, the people are calling for visionary leaders, who will steer the fate of their country with foresight and ingenuity. Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your nation through four distinctive eras. Face new challenges on the international stage and always keep the needs of your people in mind.
For the first time in the series, manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect your islands and use new means of transportation and infrastructure. Send your Tropicans on raids to steal the wonders of the world, including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Customize your palace at will and give election speeches from your balcony, to win the favor of your subjects.
- Release date:
- Nov 06, 2020
- 1 player
- Simulation, Strategy
- Limbic Entertainment
- Game file size:
- 6.4 GB
- Supported Languages:
- French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, English
- Supported Play Modes:
Play online, access classic Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
What do the European Union and corruption have in common? Nothing of course, since the EU is as pure as a drop of the finest Tropican rum. So why not run a field study and get to know more about this curious political entity? And why not run it in Tropico, which is so famously governed by corrupt politicians (except for El Presidente, of course)? Join the EU in their investigations into 'corruptionomics' and unlock new powerful perks in ‘Lobbyistico’ for Tropico 6.
Corruption lies at the heart of the Lobbyistico DLC. Invite faction leaders as lobbyists into the El Presidente Club and conduct backroom politics to unlock a unique new set of perks to boost your economy and manipulate your faction standings. But with increased lobby work comes increased corruption, which will impact on the wider Tropican economy and society.
Fight the spread of corruption - or, let’s be honest, just try to cover everything up - using the new Corruption Agency. Enjoy more new content with two new traits, three new music tracks and a fetching new set of customization items for El Prez and the palace.
• New corruption gameplay mechanic: Use lobby work to gain access to new perks to boost your economy while trying to balance the resulting corruption, which will ruin your island paradise with negative effects if left unchecked.
• 3 new buildings: Get some dirty lobbying work done in the El Presidente Club, where statesmen can discuss affairs of state in seclusion and secrecy. Use the Corruption Agency to cover everything up and invite faction leaders to stay at the Official Residence in exchange for political favors.
• 2 new traits: Polarizing, All For The Folk
• 3 new tracks: Viva la Corrupción, Fiesta en el Club, Bruselas está Bailando
• 4 new customization options for El Prez and the palace as well as 3 new sandbox maps
The Llama of Wall Street
It’s time to play in the major leagues! El Presidente is descending on the world of international brands, big time. Power in politics is never enough for a man with ambitions as great as El Prez, so join forces with the shady…uh, completely trustworthy broker, and help Tropico to establish its status as a global megabrand. Unravel the secrets behind the broker’s sinister master plan, as you try to sabotage the US finance market. In order to assert yourself, you will have to be a llama among wolves. Well, something like that...
New gameplay mechanics await, as the prices of goods will now succumb to fluctuations and trends in the global market. Use new buildings like the Trade Institute to play the markets and manipulate export prices. Random events will pose an additional challenge, and you’ll also find lots of new content to dive into, like new traits, customization options and edicts.
• New standalone mission: “The Llama of Wall Street” – enter the world of big business
• New buildings: Trade Institute, Toy Workshop and Smart Furniture Studio will help to enhance your economic power
• New gameplay mechanics: Goods are now subject to price fluctuations, trade impacts and trends – affect global markets by using the Trade Institute to forecast future trends and play the markets
• New challenges: random events will occur and will have positive, negative or mixed effects on global market situations, trade or production
• New sandbox map: Acantilado Humeante
• New edict, traits and customization options for El Prez and your palace
It’s all about the fame and prestige. Nobody knows this better than a self-declared despot...uh, statesman, such as El Presidente. Tropico 6’s second DLC skyrockets you into the world of stardom and illustriousness. Interact with superstars by using Spitter, the only short message social networking app officially approved by the Tropican Ministry for Modern Communications & Smoke Signals. Court the stars to gain their support, unlock their individual strengths and in turn receive even more respect and adulation from your subjects. But beware - fame and money can also attract some seriously shady types…
At the heart of the DLC is the new Spitter mechanic, which allows you to interact with celebrities and faction leaders to increase your standing. Use new buildings like the Rehab Center or Beauty Farm to attract celebrities and make them permanent citizens of Tropico. Plus, enjoy even more new content with three new music tracks, additional customization items and a new trait for El Prez.
• New Spitter Social Media feature: Interact with superstars and faction leaders via a social app, to increase your standing and unlock new special traits of the celebrities
• New mission and sandbox map
• 3 new buildings: Lure celebrities to Tropico by building a Rehab Center or Beauty Farm and make them permanent residents using the Super Villa
• New trait: Narcissist
• 3 new tracks: Comercio Feliz, La Celebridad, Fiesta en el Club
• 5 new customization options for El Prez and his palace
*MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
Copyright © 2020 Kalypso Media Group GmbH. Tropico is a registered trade mark of Kalypso Media Group GmbH. All rights reserved. Published by Kalypso Media Group GmbH. Developed by Limbic Entertainment. Nintendo Switch version developed by Independent Arts Software. All other logos, copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Unreal ® Engine, Copyright © 1998-2020, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Unreal ® is a trademark or registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere.