Please enter your date of birth
a case of mistaken identities
The Shapeshifting Detective is a supernatural-noir murder mystery FMV game. Play as a detective and investigate the murder by shapeshifting into any character. Even the next victim.
Dorota Shaw is dead. And the prime suspects are three tarot readers with the uncanny ability to predict murder - or commit it. It’s your job to find out what else they know - but they won’t reveal their dark secrets to just anyone… Luckily, you can be anyone you want to be.
The game features more than 1600 full HD video responses, a simple questioning interface with unique ‘delete’ mechanic, and a randomly chosen murderer at the start of the game. Developed by the World Record-breaking makers of "The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker".
● Shapeshift - into nine other characters so you can investigate and manipulate relationships from all angles, and unlock the other half of the story.
● Suspense - solve a murder, stop a murder, don’t get caught. Any one of three random murderers helps to minimize spoilers.
● Choices matter - catch the killer, save the victims, make and break relationships – or don’t.
● Problem solving - can’t get that vital clue yourself? Try shapeshifting into the Police Chief. Think the dialogue options are a trap? Delete them.
● 100% FMV - an entire game of smooth FMV cutscenes and responses in first person perspective.
● Catalytic events - not all branching is binary. Push someone into a corner and they may have more than one way to react.
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
© 2018 WALES INTERACTIVE LTD. All rights reserved.
Developed by D'Avekki Studios. Published by Wales Interactive Ltd.
All trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners.
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.