The Path of Motus
A game where words destroy.
Will you let other people stop you from pursuing your dreams? For generations, a village of goblins has been trapped inside a mysterious forest; anyone who attempts to leave returns hopeless and defeated. Determined to break new ground, a young goblin named Motus plans to build a series of bridges through the forest. However, his perseverance will soon be tested, as he meets bullies that use their own words to stop him. Will you find a way through life's forest, or like others be lost in its depths with no will to continue?
Developed for three years by Michael Hicks (design, music, programming, writing) and Gonçalo Antunes (all art and animations), The Path of Motus weaves gameplay and story together to deliver a poetic experience unlike anything before it. Please visit http://pathofmotus.com to learn more and find resources for pursuing your own dreams.
- Verbal Combat: Motus meets bullies that yell a variety of deadly words; you'll need to tactfully use your own words to deal with them. Will you use your words to inspire, or to destroy?
- Bridge Building: There's a reason why no one's made it through the forest! Solve challenging bridge puzzles to build a way out.
- Growing Up: Face unique challenges as Motus gradually grows from a child to an adult. Meet exciting new characters in each chapter of life and explore the deeper reasons for why they're so aggressive towards others.
- Thought Doors: Solve innovative puzzles that convey what Motus is feeling throughout the story. Unlike other story based games, the coolest moments in The Path of Motus come across nonverbally as you play.
- Release date:
- February 05, 2019
- 1 player
- Action, Adventure, Puzzle, Platformer
- Michael Hicks
- Game file size:
- 622 MB
- Supported Languages:
- Supported Play Modes:
Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately). See support for details.
Play online, access classic Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.