A game where words destroy.
Will you let other people stop you from pursuing your dreams? For generations, a village of goblins has been trapped inside a mysterious forest; anyone who attempts to leave returns hopeless and defeated. Determined to break new ground, a young goblin named Motus plans to build a series of bridges through the forest. However, his perseverance will soon be tested, as he meets bullies that use their own words to stop him. Will you find a way through life's forest, or like others be lost in its depths with no will to continue?
Developed for three years by Michael Hicks (design, music, programming, writing) and Gonçalo Antunes (all art and animations), The Path of Motus weaves gameplay and story together to deliver a poetic experience unlike anything before it. Please visit http://pathofmotus.com to learn more and find resources for pursuing your own dreams.
- Verbal Combat: Motus meets bullies that yell a variety of deadly words; you'll need to tactfully use your own words to deal with them. Will you use your words to inspire, or to destroy?
- Bridge Building: There's a reason why no one's made it through the forest! Solve challenging bridge puzzles to build a way out.
- Growing Up: Face unique challenges as Motus gradually grows from a child to an adult. Meet exciting new characters in each chapter of life and explore the deeper reasons for why they're so aggressive towards others.
- Thought Doors: Solve innovative puzzles that convey what Motus is feeling throughout the story. Unlike other story based games, the coolest moments in The Path of Motus come across nonverbally as you play.
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Feb 05, 2019
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- File Size
- 622 MB
- Action, Adventure, Puzzle, Platformer
- Michael Hicks
- Supported Play Modes:
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.