The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Explorer's EditionNintendo Switch
After waking from a 100-year slumber, Link must explore the wild to regain his memories and save Hyrule
This bundle is perfect for first-time heroes; it contains the game, a two-sided map, and an Explorer's Guide with lore and learnings from the Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild game. Time to explore the guide, the map, and the world of Hyrule!
The wilds of Hyrule make for a puzzling game of survival. Climb cliffs to scope out a destination; then cross great distances with the Paraglider or the horses you've tamed. You'll discover items for crafting, beasts to hunt, and plants to forage. So scavenge weapons and armor…or claim them from enemies! From hammers to helmets, items have specific stats, resistances, effects, and levels of durability. Use everything at your disposal to find and conquer more than 100 Shrines. Luckily, the in-game Sheikah Slate can project Runes that manipulate objects and enemies in clever ways. Forget everything you know about the Legend of Zelda series.
- Discover Hyrule as never before: by making your own path, choices, and consequences
- Ingenuity is the key to survival: find multiple solutions to tons of dynamic puzzles
- Surprises hide around every corner: scavenge weapons, armor, plants, animals, and more
- Live off the land: find weapons and armor, cook food, and brew elixirs
- Utilize special technology: the in-game Sheikah Slate controls objects and enemies in fun ways
- Gear up: many weapons and armor have unique stats, resistances, effects, and durability
- Shrines offer hundreds of clever challenges even Legend of Zelda series veterans won’t see coming
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Nov 23, 2017
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- Adventure, Action, RPG
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
© 2017 Nintendo. The Legend of Zelda and Nintendo Switch are trademarks of Nintendo.
amiibo compatible game (software update may be required). Visit nintendo.com for details on amiibo functionality.
Extend your unforgettable adventure in Hyrule with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass. The Expansion Pass grants access to three new treasure chests and two DLC packs as they are released.
The Expansion Pass is available for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game.View DLC
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass
Released Mar 02, 2017DLC details
The expansion pass enables you to pre-purchase content. The content below will be included:
Expansion Pass Bonus: Available 3/3/2017
Three treasure chests with in-game clothing exclusive to the expansion pass will be added to the Great Plateau. Explore to discover their locations!
DLC Pack 1 – The Master Trials: Available 6/30/2017
The Master Trials pack includes:
- Trial of the Sword: Defeat all enemies in 45 rooms to claim your prize. You’ll begin the fight without armor or weapons and must defeat all enemies in a room to move to the next. Clear every room to awaken the Master Sword, so that it stays powered up.
- Hero's Path Mode: Hero’s Path mode tracks every step you take, so you can watch the last 200 hours of your journey unfold on the map, and use a slider to scroll through a timeline. This works retroactively, so players who have already started the game will also be able to use this feature. Use this to find those shrines and Koroks that are still eluding you!
- Master Mode: In Master Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal Mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal Mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!
- Travel Medallion: Somewhere in the world, there is a chest with a Travel Medallion inside. When you use this, you can register your current location as a fast travel point on the map. You can only register one location using the Travel Medallion.
- Eight new clothing items: Hidden around Hyrule are eight new items inspired by past entries in The Legend of Zelda series. Items include Majora's Mask, Midna's Helmet, Tingle's Hood, Tingle's Shirt, Tingle's Tights, Phantom Helmet, Phantom Armor, and Phantom Greaves.
- Korok Mask: The Korok Mask is also hidden in a treasure chest somewhere in the world. When Link wears this mask, it will shake whenever a hidden Korok is near.
DLC Pack 2 – The Champions' Ballad: Available 12/7/2017
- The Champions' Ballad: A mysterious voice beckons Link to challenge the Divine Beast Tamer's Trials. He must now prove himself by defeating enemies using the One-Hit Obliterator, conquering new Shrines, challenging a full dungeon, and overcoming many trials along the way. Once all challenges and trials have been bested, Link will obtain a new power known as the Master Cycle Zero! Additionally, the bard Kass is traveling Hyrule to complete the unfinished song his teacher left behind. As Link and Kass chase their respective goals, Kass will share new original songs he wrote capturing lost memories of the four Champions and Zelda, previously unknown to Link. But that unfinished song... What could it be? *To play The Champions' Ballad, you must first complete the Main Quest to free the four Divine Beasts.
- 9 clothing items hidden in treasure chests: Items honoring the legacy of The Legend of Zelda series will be hidden in 9 treasure chests scattered across Hyrule, including the Island Lobster Shirt, Ravio's Hood, Zant's Helmet, Phantom Ganon Skull, Phantom Ganon Armor, Phantom Ganon Greaves, and a Royal Guard outfit (complete with Royal Guard Cap, Royal Guard Uniform, and Royal Guard Boots).
- Ancient Horse Gear: The Ancient Bridle will increase a horse's number of spurs while equipped. The Ancient Saddle will allow you to call your horse no matter how far away they are. Both of these items will appear in treasure chests somewhere in Hyrule.
This game is compatible with amiibo.
Just tap in an amiibo accessory to score new characters, game modes, or other perks!
See all compatible amiibo
Figures shown not actual size and designs may vary. Compatibility and functionality of amiibo may vary per game. Software updates may be required.
…a watershed game... 10/10- IGN
...a truly magical work of art… 10/10- GameSpot
...you will never want to put Zelda down.- USA Today
WINNER: Game of the Year
-- The Game Awards 2017
WINNER: Best Action/Adventure Game
-- The Game Awards 2017
WINNER: Best Game Direction
-- The Game Awards 2017