The definitive pill of nostalgia in the form of a game.
Experience The Adventures of Elena Temple in a Definitive Edition, including more content, more features, more fun and more... black and white pixel art!
WHAT'S NEW IN THE DEFINITIVE EDITION:
- 2 new dungeons, totaling 47 new rooms - some very well hidden - with unique gameplay elements
- 40 in-game achievements - doesn't get any more old-school than that!
- Unlockable game modifiers - Limited Lives, Campfires, Double Jumps, Infinite Ammo - combine them for unique gameplay experiences
- On the fly switching between the virtual old machines
- Various tweaks to the rooms in the original dungeon, now dubbed Chalice of the Gods - you got shivers, didn't you?
- Overall improvements: new background in the selection screen, new pixel art splash image, dungeon selection screen, game modifiers screen etc.
- Easter Eggs
NEW TO ELENA TEMPLE? READ ON!
Ever miss being a child, playing games at your grandma's or in your old bedroom? Then look no further! The Adventures of Elena Temple is the classic you never knew existed. And the best part is that you can play it on virtual old machines that kind of sort of maybe existed. It's not like you can remember for sure anyway, right?
The Adventures of Elena Temple is a monochromatic puzzle platformer made to look as if it were created in the 80s. Overcome obstacles, figure out how to advance, collect everything in sight, find all the secrets and remember your childhood while doing it. Progress through the game's three dungeons through non-linear exploration, then unlock the new game modifiers and re-experience the game in whole new ways.
- 3 dungeons with a total of 100+ rooms to overcome, each its own mini-level
- Unique gameplay elements for each dungeon
- Open exploration, choose which way to go, but don't worry, a helpful map is just one button press away
- Challenging, old-school platforming
- Put your puzzle solving skills to the test and figure out how to collect all the coins, gems, hearts and so on
- Unlock all the 40 in-game achievements
- Unlockable game modifiers for completely new ways to experience the game
- Secrets and easter eggs to find for the more observant player
- Play on a selection of 7 virtual old machines, from the Pomo D'or 4, to Maple and Some Toy and all the way to the NS-Bos PC
The Adventures of Elena Temple is just one game you can play on seven simulated machines. Aside from the different look, the game plays the same on all machines and has the exact same content! The purpose of these old machines is to remind you of the old days, so feel free to pick whichever you like best without any fear of missing out on game content.
I'm a solo indie developer, I loved making The Adventures of Elena Temple: Definitive Edition and I hope you enjoy it! Thank you for your support!
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Dec 24, 2019
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- File Size
- 131 MB
- Action, Arcade, Platformer, Puzzle
- Supported Play Modes:
Get even more from your games with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
This paid service gives you access to online play, a selection of NES™ games, cloud backup for your save data in compatible games, and more.
Learn more and sign up >
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
GRIMTALIN SRL ©2018
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.