Sword of the Necromancer
Turn your foes into allies in this Action RPG with Rogue-lite elements
What would you do to bring back someone you love?
Sword of the Necromancer is a dungeon-crawler action RPG with Rogue-like elements where you can revive your defeated enemies to make them fight alongside you.
Turn your foes into allies using the forbidden powers of the Sword of the Necromancer and help Tama reach the dungeon's depths in order to gain enough power to bring Koko back from the dead.
Gather a little army of monsters, equip yourself with weapons and relics and level up to take on the guardians that stand between you and your objective.
- Turn your foes into allies: use the Sword of the Necromancer to revive defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Gather weapons and relics: each weapon is different from the others thanks to the procedural weapon generation system, which gives them various effects and attributes.
- Fight with all your might: defeat your enemies using a variety of weapons and objects and dominating the fluid head-to-head battle system.
- Level up: enhance your character by fighting enemies and upgrade your stats. Improve your summoned monsters by fighting alongside them.
- Death is not the end: Each try gets you closer to the Necromancer. You will lose all your equipped weapons and monsters, but you will retain half the level you achieved in your run.
- Learn the truth: Discover Tama and Koko's past as you advance through the dungeon.
- Local co-op play: Use the Flask of Homunculus to create a copy of the playable character and play with a friend in local co-op game.
"Legend says that, deep within these mountains, a heretic decided to violate the will of the gods in order to achieve eternal life.
The heretic succeeded in this aberrant attempt, and created a tool for forbidden rituals that could grant immortality… and even bring back the dead.
Over the years and centuries many have tried to get that power for themselves, but all they found in the Necromancer’s crypt was their demise.
They say that the tool the Necromancer created is also a weapon…
The Sword of the Necromancer”
Tama is a former rogue that is tasked to escort the priestess Koko in her pilgrimage around the continent. During their travel Koko dies, and Tama carries the corpse to the Necromancer's crypt, where legends say there dwells a power that may resurrect the dead.
Filled with despair, Tama will enter the dungeon with the aim of obtaining the forbidden power of necromancy, ignoring the dangers that lurk in the shadows.
- Release date:
- January 28, 2021
- up to 2 players
- Role-Playing, Action, Adventure, Strategy
- Grimorio of Games
- Game file size:
- 1.2 GB
- Supported Languages:
- Japanese, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Supported Play Modes:
Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately). See support for details.
Play online, access classic Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
Get the free Extra Modes DLC for Sword of the Necromancer and take on the new game styles that will put your skills to test. Face 8 new bosses and summon 10 new monsters!
To unlock the new modes you will also need to have achieved the perfect ending of the base game.
Revisit the base mode in this randomized challenge. In this new mode you will advance through the five floors of the dungeon as usual, but things will be different this time!
Show your might against hordes of enemies! Starting from level 1 and without any items, take on the waves of enemies and advance to the next level. Chain combos and make your combo meter grow, as it determines how much experience you will get and increase the probability of getting better items in the chests!
Fight against 5 bosses without rest! Fight against tougher bosses (both old and new) in succession, with only what you can bring with you: Level up and gear up to face them! Win a miniboss to summon after completing this mode!
Create or play custom dungeon floors! Create a floor layout, select its appearance, the enemies you want to appear and the boss at the end. You can even choose what items will appear in the chests and their properties, so you can set a challenge for yourself or for the others who play your Dungeon, as you will be able to share it with a simple text code!
When completing one of the other modes, you will get Symbols that you can exchange for items in the Item Shop. The item offer will be the same for everyone playing the game that day, and changes every day. This is also an easy way to get all the weapon and relic types, needed for achievements.
Complete the Extra modes to unlock a new chapter in the story!
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
©2021 Grimorio of Games