Super Mario Maker
The ultimate evolution of Super Mario Bros. is here!
As of March 31, 2021, it will no longer be possible to upload courses in the Super Mario Maker™ game for the Wii U™ system. On the same day, the Super Mario Maker Bookmark website will also close. As a result, the Wii U version of Super Mario Maker will be removed from Nintendo eShop on January 12, 2021. For players who purchased the game digitally prior to its removal, it will still be possible to redownload the game after this date.
Please visit the below URL for more information
The Mario experience of your dreams has arrived and is bursting with creativity... including yours! Play a near-limitless number of intensely creative Super Mario levels from players around the world. It’s easy enough to create your own levels with the Wii U GamePad controller that it may feel like you’re simply sketching out your ideas on paper, but you can now bring enemies and objects into a playable course in ways you could only dream of before. What was impossible in traditional Mario games is now impossibly fun, so let your imagination run wild!
Bonus: All editions of Super Mario Maker come with a collectable book that features:
- Ideas from the Nintendo development team to inspire your creations
- Special codes that you can enter into the online manual to watch videos of creations from the development team
- Concept art and level designs from the original Super Mario Bros
The book comes with all physical copies of the game. For digital purchases, check your Nintendo eShop receipt for instructions on how to request a copy. You can also download a free digital version of the book on the official microsite when the game launches. Offer only valid in US, Canada, and Mexico.
- Play a near-limitless number of Mario levels created by Nintendo and players around the world.
- Create your own Mario levels by using the Wii U GamePad controller touch screen to add enemies, blocks, pipes and more.
- Break the conventions of traditional Super Mario gameplay by blending enemies, traps and items into unexpected twists, like Piranha Plant-shooting cannons, power-up-tossing Lakitus, or even Hammer Bros. riding on Bowser while bouncing on trampolines.
- Touch control, instant editing and a robust online ranking and search system makes creating, playing and sharing a seamless process.
- Switch between four distinct themes, each with different art styles and features: Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and New Super Mario Bros. U.
- Transform into different characters at random with the new Mystery Mushroom item. Expand the roster of possible characters by completing 100 Mario Challenge mode or tapping compatible amiibo..
- Transform into different characters at random with the new Mystery Mushroom item. Expand the roster of possible characters by completing 100 Mario Challenge mode or tapping compatible amiibo.
- Tap a 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo figure to the Wii U GamePad controller to add a Big Mushroom power-up to your course!
- Release date:
- September 10, 2015
- 1 player
- Action, Platformer
*MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
*Broadband Internet access required for online features. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com