Uh-oh, you're using an unsupported browser.
To view the screenshot gallery, upgrade to the latest version of either Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
Challenging and handcrafted: a declaration of love to shmups
An evil force has launched an invasion over the Omios star! Fly with the space fleet in a campaign to liberate planets, destroy enemy bases and discover the misterious force behind the attack. Biomechanical enemies, space creatures, exotic planets and climatic threats are waiting for you, so select a route, equip your ship and prepare to die!
Super Hydorah is a side scroller non-linear SHMUP which gives the player a challenging experience with the best from the greatest classics of the genre: straightforward action, old school visuals and a wide array of content with unique space settings.
· Easy to learn, hard to master!
· 21 levels divided into 35 sublevels, 35 bosses and more than 100 enemies
· 3 game modes: single player, co-op multiplayer and the minigame robot chase
· Non-linear level layout with route selection
· Analog and super precise control of your ship
· Dangers of different nature in each level (not just bullets)
· Weapon selection and power-ups in every mission
· Original soundtrack with 60+ tracks
· Secrets, multiple endings, trophies and rank system
· CRT Monitor effect
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Nov 15, 2018
- No. of Players
- 2 players simultaneous
- Arcade, Action, Multiplayer
- Locomalito / Gryzor87 / Abylight
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
©Abylight Studios SA 2018 licensed by Locomalito & Gryzor87 2010
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.