Amongst the best beat’em up series ever created, jammin’ ‘90s beats and over the top street beating, the iconic series Streets of Rage comes back with a masterful tribute to and revitalization of the classic action fans adore.
The all-time classic Streets of Rage, known as Bare Knuckle (ベア・ナックル Bea Nakkuru) in Japan, is a beat ‘em up series known for this timeless gameplay and electronic dance influenced music. Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, beautiful hand-drawn visuals and a God tier soundtrack.
Team up with iconic and brand-new characters
Streets of Rage 4 got its iconic characters back: Axel and Blaze teaming up with new sister in arm Cherry Hunter. With some brand-new moves and kickass tracks to take a listen, our heroes are ready to dish out beatdowns to a fledgling group of ill-advised criminals in full force.
Outstanding Hand-Drawn Visuals
Streets of Rage 4 will be the first entry to the core series in 25 years, standing as Axel or Blaze’s glorious return to serving up side-scrolling beatdowns. With lush hand-drawn animations, new combat abilities, and fresh tracks from an amazing team of composers, Streets of Rage 4 will be a masterful tribute to and revitalization of the classic action fans adore.
Epic line-up of legendary games composers
The Streets of Rage series is known for its electronic dance influenced music around the world.
● Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Ys I & II, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge Shinobi, Shenmue I & II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 3DS and Wii U & Ultimate, ActRaiser 1 & 2,…)
● Motohiro Kawashima (Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Shinobi II, Batman Returns,…)
● Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II & III, Super Mario RPG, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve,…)
● Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio & Future, Super Monkey Ball, Sega Rally 2,…)
● Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl, Captain Tsubasa,…)
● The comeback of the legendary Streets of Rage series.
● Beautiful graphics fully hand-drawn animated by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
● Classic gameplay enhanced with brand-new mechanics.
● Soundtrack by a wide all-star line up of world-class musicians.
● Braised chicken everywhere.
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- No. of Players
- up to 2 players
- Action, Arcade, Fighting, Multiplayer, Indie
- Dotemu, Lizardcube, Guard Crush Games
- Supported Play Modes:
©SEGA, all rights reserved. ©2019 Dotemu, all rights reserved. Developed by Lizardcube, Guard Crush Games and Dotemu
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.