Uh-oh, you're using an unsupported browser.
To view the screenshot gallery, upgrade to the latest version of either Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
The squid kids called Inklings are back to splat more ink and claim more turf in this colorful and chaotic 4-on-4 action shooter.
Splatoon™ 2 Ink-credible 20% Discount
Starting Mar. 19 at 07:00 a.m. PT until Mar. 28 at 08:59 a.m. PT, you can save 20% on the digital version of the Splatoon™ 2 game for the Nintendo Switch™ system when you purchase through Nintendo.com or Nintendo eShop on your device. To battle it out or cooperate with other players online*, you can purchase a Nintendo Switch Online membership separately or Splatoon™ 2 + Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership (12 Months).
For the first time, take Turf War battles on-the-go with the Nintendo Switch™ system, and use any of the console's portable play styles for intense local multiplayer* action. Even team up for new 4-player co-op fun in Salmon Run!
Two years have passed since the original Splatoon™ game was released, and two years have also passed in Inkopolis! So expect a fresh wave of fashion, not to mention new weapons and gear. Dual wield the new Splat Dualies or stick to mainstays like chargers and rollers, which have been remixed with new strategic possibilities. As always, Turf War is the favored sport among Inklings, but they also dig ranked battles, taking down Octarians in a robust single-player campaign, and battling enemy Salmonids in one dangerous part-time job! No matter which way you play, splat at home or on-the-go with Nintendo Switch. Staying fresh never felt so good.
- Turf War - Team up in fierce 4-on-4 multiplayer battles* to see which team can cover the most turf with ink
- Salmon Run – 2-4 players* can team up for co-op fun and defeat waves of enemy Salmonids.
- New weapons – Dual wield the new Splat Dualies and avoid getting splatted with the new Dodge Roll move. Mainstays like the Splat Roller and Splat Charger have been remixed to include new gameplay mechanics, and all special weapons are brand-new.
- Local and Online Multiplayer - In a first for the series, compete in local multiplayer Turf War battles*, whether in TV mode or on-the-go in handheld or tabletop modes. Online battles also make a return**
- New ways to play – Play with the Joy-Con™ controllers or the Nintendo Switch™ Pro Controller (sold separately), both of which support motion controls for better aiming
- Fresh Updates - Similar to the Splatoon™ game for the Wii U™ console, updates will roll out post-launch, adding new content and in-game events.
- Smart Device Support** - An upcoming smart-device application for the Nintendo Switch system will allow players to set play appointments with friends and teammates, as well as voice chat with friends during play sessions.
- LAN Play - Up to 10 docked systems – eight players and two spectators – can connect via wired LAN (additional accessories required; sold separately). This feature allows players to create local Private Battle tournaments without the need for an internet connection. Local wireless play is perfect for your regular gaming get-togethers, but LAN Play is where it's at when you want to organize a serious tournament.
- Customize – Change your Inkling's style with different weapons, headgear, clothes, and shoes. Gear isn't just aesthetic; it offers different boosts in battles.
- amiibo - Compatible with all Splatoon™ series amiibo™ figures. By tapping these amiibo, the figure's character will appear in the game and befriend players. Befriend an amiibo character and they will remember favorited weapons, gear, outfits and option settings.
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Jul 21, 2017
- No. of Players
- up to 8 players
- Action, Multiplayer
Get even more from your games with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
This paid service gives you access to online play, a selection of NES™ games, cloud backup for your save data in compatible games, and more.
Learn more and sign up >
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
* Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. This game does not support Save Data Cloud backup. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online.
© 2017 Nintendo.
Full version of game required to use DLC.
This game allows you to save game data on the amiibo figure. Game data must be deleted before saving data from another amiibo compatible game.
Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
Game and DLC bundle
Splatoon 2 and Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion Bundle
Released Summer 2018DLC details
The squid kids called Inklings are back to splat more ink and claim more turf in this colorful and chaotic 4-on-4* action shooter. Take Turf War battles on-the-go with the Nintendo Switch™ system, and use any of the console’s portable play styles for intense local multiplayer* action. Even team up for 4-player co-op fun in Salmon Run! Purchase this bundle to own both Splatoon 2 and the large-scale Octo Expansion DLC.
With Octo Expansion, you’ll gain access to a new single-player adventure spanning 80 missions. Playing the role of Agent 8, a character who awakens without her memories on a dark subway platform, you’ll navigate a mysterious underground test facility in a desperate battle to reach the surface of Inkopolis. Escape from these twisted depths, and you’ll finally be able to join multiplayer* matches as an Octoling!
In multiplayer battles, choose a weapon and strategy that fits your play style. You can dual wield the Splat Dualies or stick to mainstays like chargers and rollers, which have been remixed with additional strategic possibilities. As always, Turf War is the favored sport among Inklings, but they also dig ranked battles**, taking down Octarians in a robust single-player campaign, and battling enemy Salmonids in one dangerous part-time job! No matter which way you play, splat at home or on-the-go with Nintendo Switch. Staying fresh never felt so good.
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion
Released Summer 2018DLC details
Play as an Octoling for the very first time in this large-scale downloadable content for the Splatoon™ 2 game! This full-on single-player adventure spans 80 missions starring Agent 8, a new character who awakens without her memories on a dark subway platform. Navigate this mysterious underground test facility in a desperate battle to reach the surface of Inkopolis. Escape from these twisted depths, and you’ll finally be able to join multiplayer* matches as an Octoling! You may think you know everything about the world of Splatoon, but these waters run deep, and so does the lore. Purchase this content today for immediate access to special octo-themed in-game gear.
This version of Splatoon™ 2: Octo Expansion is only compatible with the version of Splatoon 2 for the Americas. To confirm which region(s) your game is compatible with, please open the game's Options in the HOME Menu and select "Support Information." For additional help, please visit support.nintendo.com.
This game is compatible with amiibo.
Just tap in an amiibo accessory to score new characters, game modes, or other perks!
See all compatible amiibo
Figures shown not actual size and designs may vary. Compatibility and functionality of amiibo may vary per game. Software updates may be required.
Splatoon™ 2 Special Demo
Wanna get your feet wet in fast-paced, messy ink battles? This Splatoon™ 2 Special Demo has your name all over it! Jump online* and fight it out in 4-on-4 Turf War battles with friends and other players who own the full game. You can even try Salmon Run and Ranked Battle modes! If you decide to purchase the full game, you’ll also be able to transfer your progress over.
This demo event is active only from 3/19 (Tue) 7:00 a.m. PT - 3/25 (Mon) 6:59 a.m. PT
*You'll need an Internet connection and a Nintendo Switch Online membership to participate in the Splatoon 2 Special Demo.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.