Splatoon 2 - Starter EditionNintendo Switch
The squid kids called Inklings are back to splat more ink and claim more turf in this colorful and chaotic 4-on-4 action shooter.
This bundle is perfect for first-time Inklings; it contains the game, a detailed strategy guide which will help equip you with the knowledge you'll need to become the freshest squid on the battlefield, and two stylish sticker sheets.
Take Turf War battles on-the-go with the Nintendo Switch™ system, and use any of the console's portable play styles for intense local multiplayer* action. Even team up for 4-player co-op fun in Salmon Run! Dual wield the Splat Dualies or stick to mainstays like chargers and rollers, which have been remixed with additional strategic possibilities. As always, Turf War is the favored sport among Inklings, but they also dig ranked battles**, taking down Octarians in a robust single-player campaign, and battling enemy Salmonids in one dangerous part-time job! No matter which way you play, splat at home or on-the-go with Nintendo Switch. Staying fresh never felt so good.
- Turf War - Team up in fierce 4-on-4 multiplayer battles* to see which team can cover the most turf with ink
- Salmon Run – 2-4 players* can team up for co-op fun and defeat waves of enemy Salmonids
- Wealth of weapons – Choose from a variety of weapon classes, each with their own play-style, including Blasters, Dualies, Rollers, Chargers, Sloshers, Brushes, and unleash ink devastation with an array of special weapons
- Local and Online Multiplayer - Compete in local multiplayer Turf War battles*, whether in TV mode or on-the-go in handheld or tabletop modes. Online battles are also possible**
- Multiple ways to play – Play with the Joy-Con™ controllers or the Nintendo Switch™ Pro Controller (sold separately), both of which support motion controls
- Fresh Updates - Similar to the Splatoon™ game for the Wii U™ console, post-launch software updates will add new content like weapons, stages, and in-game events
- Smart Device Support*** - Using the Nintendo Switch Online smart-device application, players can voice chat with friends who also have the app during online Turf War battles and more!**
- LAN Play - Up to 10 docked systems – eight players and two spectators – can connect via wired LAN (additional accessories required; sold separately). This feature allows players to create local Private Battle tournaments without the need for an internet connection. Local wireless play is perfect for your regular gaming get-togethers, but LAN Play is where it's at when you want to organize a serious tournament.
- Customize – Change your Inkling's style with different weapons, headgear, clothes, and shoes. Gear isn't just aesthetic; it offers different boosts in battles
- amiibo**** - Compatible with all Splatoon™ series amiibo™ figures. By tapping these amiibo, the figure's character will appear in the game and befriend players. Befriend an amiibo character and they will remember favorited weapons, gear, outfits and option settings.
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Mar 16, 2018
- No. of Players
- up to 8 players
- Action, First Person, Multiplayer
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
© 2017 Nintendo. Splatoon and Nintendo Switch are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2018 Nintendo.
Full version of game required to use DLC.
* Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
**Nintendo Account required. Online features will be free until the Nintendo Switch Online Service launches in September 2018. For the latest list of countries and full details, please visit Customer Support.
***Persistent Internet access and compatible smart device required. Data charges may apply.
**** amiibo sold separately. Visit amiibo.com for details on amiibo functionality.
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion
Releases Summer 2018DLC details
Play as an Octoling for the very first time in this large-scale downloadable content for the Splatoon™ 2 game! This full-on single-player adventure spans 80 missions starring Agent 8, a new character who awakens without her memories on a dark subway platform. Navigate this mysterious underground test facility in a desperate battle to reach the surface of Inkopolis. Escape from these twisted depths, and you’ll finally be able to join multiplayer* matches as an Octoling! You may think you know everything about the world of Splatoon, but these waters run deep, and so does the lore. Purchase this content today for immediate access to special octo-themed in-game gear.
This version of Splatoon™ 2: Octo Expansion is only compatible with the version of Splatoon 2 for the Americas. To confirm which region(s) your game is compatible with, please open the game's Options in the HOME Menu and select "Support Information." For additional help, please visit support.nintendo.com.
This game is compatible with amiibo.
Just tap in an amiibo accessory to score new characters, game modes, or other perks!
See all compatible amiibo
Figures shown not actual size and designs may vary. Compatibility and functionality of amiibo may vary per game. Software updates may be required.