Uh-oh, you're using an unsupported browser.
To view the screenshot gallery, upgrade to the latest version of either Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
Create, decorate, and share fun photos with your friends!
Sparkle Snapshots™ 3D is a fun photography application that lets you call the shots—it’s like having a photo studio in the palm of your hand! Use your Nintendo 3DS™ system’s cameras and this software’s easy-to-use camera settings to take 2D pictures, and then personalize your shots any way you want with layers of stickers, ribbons, pens and other 3D effects . You can even use special backgrounds and frames to make your 2D photos even more unique! Sparkle Snapshots 3D not only makes it easy to create incredible-looking shots. It also makes it easy to share your creations with your friends. You can use a local wireless connection to send photos to nearby friends who have Sparkle Snapshots 3D too, or copy your pictures off of your system’s SD Card and then print them, share them, or post them online! Sparkle Snapshots 3D gives you everything you need to make and share incredible shots, but if you want even more decorations for your photos, be sure to visit Sparkle SnapShop, the software’s online boutique. Here, you can use the funds in your Nintendo eShop account to buy new sets of decorations. Mario™ themed sets will be coming soon! So what are you waiting for? Purchase Sparkle Snapshots 3D today and let the creating begin!
- This fully stocked, portable photo studio fits in the palm of your hand.
- The software’s camera settings are versatile and very easy to use. There’s even a shutter timer!
- Simple, user-friendly controls that let you interact directly with your photos using the stylus make this application accessible to players of all ages.
- Select from tons of fun decorations to customize your photos. These include multicolored pens, resizable stickers and ribbons, backgrounds, frames, makeup tools, 3D props, and more!
- 3D props like snacks, jewels, and even Mario himself can be freely rotated in any direction and added to your photos.
- You can edit, erase, and embellish different layers of your photographs.
- Sharing your creations is easy, either via local wireless connection or by copying files from your Nintendo 3DS system’s SD Card.
- You can use funds from your Nintendo eShop account to purchase addition decorations from the software’s online shop. Mario Themed sets will be coming soon!
In-game content available for purchase using stored account funds.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Oct 18, 2012
- No. of Players
- 1 player
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.