Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Build Your Greatest Empire on Nintendo Switch™
Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. Explore a new land, research technology, conquer your enemies, and go head-to-head with history’s most renowned leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known.
And now on Nintendo Switch, the quest to victory in Civilization VI can take place wherever, whenever.
Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch includes the latest game updates and improvements and four pieces of additional content which adds four new civilizations, leaders, and scenarios:
•Vikings Scenario Pack
•Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
•Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
•Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
•PLAY YOUR WAY: The path to victory is the one you determine. Become the most scientifically advanced civilization, dominate through sheer military power, or become the foremost destination for the cultural arts.
•THE WORLD’S GREATEST LEADERS: Play as one of 24 different leaders from various countries around the world and throughout history. Build an empire of lucrative trade routes with Cleopatra of Egypt, flex the military might of your legions with Trajan of Rome, or develop a powerhouse of culture with Hojo Tokimune of Japan. Each of the leaders can be played any way you prefer, with unique abilities, units, and infrastructure in their quest for victory.
•EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map. Settle in uncharted lands, improve your surroundings, build new districts, and see your cities – and your civilization – prosper.
•ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
•DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
•EXCITING AND UNIQUE SCENARIOS: Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch includes four playable scenarios, each with a different setting and style of gameplay inspired by history. Be part of the colonization of Australia in “Outback Tycoon,” defend Poland from invaders in “Jadwiga’s Legacy,” choose a Viking leader to conquer Europe in “Vikings, Raiders, and Traders!”, or conquer the known world in the “Conquests of Alexander.”
•COOPERATIVE AND COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER: Up to 4 players can cooperate or compete for supremacy via a wireless LAN.
- Release date:
- Nov 16, 2018
- 1 player
- 2K Games
- Aspyr, Firaxis Games
- Game file size:
- 4.9 GB
- Supported Languages:
- Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, English
- Supported Play Modes:
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass
Continue your quest to build your greatest empire with the Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass, featuring eight new civilizations and nine new leaders, and a variety of new gameplay content, including six new game modes. Delivering six DLC packs on a bimonthly basis from May 2020 to March 2021, the New Frontier Pass includes:
• Pack #1: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack. Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode*, new City States, Resources, and Natural Wonders. Available May 2020.
• Pack #2: Ethiopia Pack. Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode*, one new District and two new Buildings. Available July 2020.
• Pack #3: Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode*, new World Wonders, and one new map. Available September 2020.
• Pack #4: Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new City States, and numerous new Great People. Available November 2020.
• Pack #5: Adds one new civilization and two new leaders**, one new game mode, a new District, and two new Buildings. Available January 2021.
• Pack #6: Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new World Wonders, and one new map. Available March 2021.
*New game mode requires the Civilization VI Expansion Bundle to play.
**New leader requires the Civilization VI Expansion Bundle to play.
Game modes can include additional content such as new units, buildings, or improvements and can be turned on or off during game setup to apply significant and dramatic changes to the rules of the game.
Exclusive bonus: Teddy Roosevelt and Catherine De Medici Persona Packs. Each Persona Pack contains a brand-new take on a favorite leader, with a new leader model and background, new gameplay bonuses, and an updated agenda that reflect the changes to the leader’s personality. The Persona Packs are available exclusively to owners of the New Frontier Pass and will be delivered with the second add-on pack.
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Babylon Pack
The Babylon Pack introduces Hammurabi as the leader of Babylon. The Babylon civilization excels at Science, as well as Government and Infrastructure. Also included is the new Heroes and Legends game mode, two Unique Improvements (The Mahavihara and The Trading Dome), six new City-States, and 24 New Great People.
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Byzantium & Gaul Pack
The Byzantium & Gaul Pack introduces Basil II as the leader of Byzantium and Ambiorix as the leader of Gaul. The Byzantine Empire can subjugate enemies with religious and military might, supported by their two unique units, the Dromon Ship and the Tagma. The Gallic horde focuses on military flexibility boosted by a backbone of culture and production with their unique Oppidum district. Also included is the new Dramatic Ages game mode, a new Map Type (The Highlands) and two new World Wonders (Biosphere & Statue of Zeus.)
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Ethiopia Pack
This content pack introduces Menelik II as the leader of Ethiopia. Ethiopia focuses on cities built on Hills, generating Faith and using Menelik’s “Council of Ministers” ability to boost Science and Culture. It also includes the Secret Societies game mode, where players will encounter mysterious organizations who offer their civilization their powerful skills.
Includes the Ethiopia civilization with Menelik II, the Oromo Cavalry unique unit, and the Rock-Hewn Church tile improvement.
• Civ Unique Ability: Aksumite Legacy. Cities earn extra Faith from resources, boosted even further when international trade routes originate from resource-rich cities. Ethiopia can purchase Archaeology Museums and Archaeologists with Faith.
• Leader Unique Ability: Council of Ministers. Menelik II gets extra Culture and Science based on the Faith output of cities founded on Hills. His units also get extra Combat Strength when fighting on Hills.
• Unique Unit: The Oromo Cavalry has improved Combat Strength and Sight, and suffers no movement penalty for moving on Hills.
• Unique Tile Improvement: The Rock-Hewn Church can only be built on Hills or Volcanic Soil. It provides Faith with extra Faith from Mountains and Hills. It can only be pillaged, not destroyed, by natural disasters.
New “Secret Societies” Game Mode (Requires the Civilization VI Expansion Bundle to play)
• An optional, specialized game mode with exclusive rule changes:
• Adds four Secret Societies to the game.
• Each Secret Society offers players a specialized Governor who applies their bonuses across the entire civilization.
• Secret Societies may offer players new Resources, passive bonuses, unique buildings, units, or projects to further the Society’s ends.
• Use your Secret Society membership to boost favorability and Alliances with other leaders.
New Diplomatic Quarter District and Buildings
• Build the Diplomatic Quarter, a District that can only be built once per civilization, focusing on foreign relations.
• Enhance the Diplomatic Quarter by building the Consulate and Chancery buildings.
Civilization VI - Maya & Gran Colombia Pack
This new content pack introduces Lady Six Sky as the leader of the Maya and Simón Bolívar as the leader of Gran Colombia. The Maya can build prosperous city centers early in the game, supported by surrounding Farms and Plantations and protected by their unique Hul’che. Gran Colombia focuses on fast armies boosted by Simon Bolivar’s powerful Comandante Generals. Also included is the new “Apocalypse” game mode as well as a collection of new City-States, Resources, and Natural Wonders.
Civilization VI Expansion Pack
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Expansion Bundle, which combines both Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions, takes the turn-based strategy classic to new heights. With 16 new civilizations, 18 new leaders, and major enhancements to gameplay such as Great Ages and an active planet where geology and climatology present unique new challenges, the pursuit of building the greatest empire becomes as exciting as it has ever been in the Civilization franchise.
The Civilization VI Expansion Bundle contains all features from the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions, that includes:
•NEW LEADERS AND CIVS: Combined together, sixteen new civilizations and eighteen new leaders are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as unique units, districts, wonders, buildings, and more.
•GREAT AGES: As your civilization ebbs and flows and you reach milestone Historic Moments, you will move towards Dark Ages or Golden Ages, each providing specific challenges or bonuses based on your actions in game. Rise triumphantly from a Dark Age, and your next Golden Age will be even stronger – a Heroic Age.
•LOYALTY: Cities now have individual Loyalty to your leadership – let it fall too low, and face the consequences of low yields, revolts, and the potential to lose your city if it declares its own independence. But one civilization’s loss can be your gain as you inspire Loyalty among cities throughout the map and further expand your borders.
•GOVERNORS: Recruit, appoint, and upgrade powerful characters with unique specialization bonuses and promotion trees to customize your cities, and reinforce Loyalty.
•ENHANCED ALLIANCES: An enhanced alliances system allows players to form different types of alliances and build bonuses over time.
•EMERGENCIES: When a civilization grows too powerful, other civilizations can join a pact against the threatening civilization, and earn rewards, or penalties, when the Emergency ends.
•TIMELINE: Review your civilization’s history at any time with the new Timeline feature, a visual journey through the Historic Moments that you encountered on your path to victory.
•ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS: Volcanoes, storms (blizzards, sandstorms, tornados, hurricanes), climate change, floods, and droughts bring the world to life in a brand-new way. Your settlement choices are more important than ever as you balance high risks and high rewards.
•POWER AND CONSUMABLE RESOURCES: Strategic resources play an additional role. These resources are now consumed in power plants to generate electricity for your cities. Initially you’ll be powering your most advanced buildings by burning carbon-based resources like Coal and Oil, but renewable energy sources also unlock as you progress to current-day technologies. Your choices about resource usage will directly affect the world’s temperature and can cause melting ice caps and rising sea levels.
•ENGINEERING PROJECTS: Shape the world around your empire to overcome unfavorable land conditions by making improvements like canals, dams, tunnels and railroads. When settling cities, consider the flood risk to coastal lowland areas, but keep in mind that in the late-game, new technologies like Flood Barriers can be used to protect these tiles.
•WORLD CONGRESS: Make your voice heard among the other leaders of the world. Earn Diplomatic Favor through Alliances, influencing city-states, competing in World Games, and more. Use Diplomatic Favor to extract promises from other leaders, vote on Resolutions, call a Special Session to address an emergency, and increase the weight of your votes in your quest to achieve the new Diplomatic Victory.
•21st CENTURY TECHNOLOGIES & CIVICS: A new era has been added to the Technology and Civics trees. Combat new environmental effects with speculative ideas such as relocating your population out to seasteads and developing technologies to recapture carbon emissions.
Civilization VI - Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Jayavarman VII leads Khmer and Dyah Gitarja leads Indonesia in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI! Though each is versatile and unique, both civilizations bring new challengers to the religious game. Indonesia is a strong coastal civilization with potential for a huge Jong-powered navy, and the Khmer thrive in their populous riverside cities. Both of these civilizations come into play in the new “Path to Nirvana” scenario, where you compete to have the most followers of your religion on a unique Southeast Asia map.
Includes the Khmer civilization with Jayavarman VII, the Domrey unique unit, and the Prasat unique improvement.
• Civ Unique Ability: The “Grand Barays” ability gives Khmer additional food when Farms are built next to Aqueducts, and Aqueducts provide both Faith and an Amenity.
• Leader Unique Ability: Jayavarman’s “Monasteries of the King” ability lets Khmer grab adjacent territory as well as Food and Housing when Holy Sites are built on a river.
• Unique Unit: The Domrey, a ballista mounted on an elephant, is stronger than a Catapult, can move and shoot on the same turn, and exerts Zone of Control.
• Unique Building: The Prasat replaces the Temple and provides a Relic Great Work slot. Missionaries that are produced here gain a new attribute when killed in religious combat: they generate a Relic.
Also includes the Indonesian civilization with Dyah Gitarja, the Jong unique unit, and the Kampung unique improvement:
• Civ Unique Ability: With the “Great Nusantara” ability, Coastal Tiles provide Indonesia with minor adjacency bonuses for certain districts and Entertainment Complexes give an extra Amenity if they are adjacent to a non-lake Coastal Tile.
• Leader Unique Ability: Gitarja has the “Exalted Goddess of the Three Worlds” ability, granting bonus Faith to coastal cities and allowing her to purchase Naval units with Faith at a discount, as well as eliminating movement cost for Religious unit to embark or disembark.
• Unique Unit: Indonesia’s unique unit is the Jong, which replaces the Frigate. It is faster, gains extra combat power if it’s in a formation, and all of the units in its formation gain its movement speed.
• Unique Improvement: The Kampung provides Housing, Production and Food for each adjacent Fishing Boat, and can be improved through further tech research later in the game.
New “Path to Nirvana” Scenario:
• The lands around the Indian Ocean flourish with many religions and many people. Heaven has chosen you to bring the light to all these lands. Is your faith up to the challenge? In this 50 turn scenario, compete to have the most followers of your religion, the most faith per turn, and the most foreign cities following your religion.
• Angkor Wat: The largest religious monument in the world returns to Civilization! This temple must be built adjacent to an Aqueduct and provides Faith, plus it adds Housing and a Citizen to every one of the owner’s cities when built.
New Natural Wonder:
• Ha Long Bay: This breathtaking bay was designated one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2012, and provides Food, Production, and Culture, in addition to providing a large combat bonus to naval units in its tiles.
• Spread your empire through Southeast Asia in this new map, with a True Start and random location option.
Civilization VI - Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Amanitore leads Nubia in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI! Nubia’s ranged units are strong, easy to build and quick promote, and they can use their unique Nubian Pyramid improvement to boost the construction and yield of districts. If you want to build a strong foundation early in the game for success, then Nubia is the right civ for you.
Includes the Nubian Civilization with Amanitore, the Pitati Archer unique unit, Nubian Pyramid unique improvement, and the new Jebel Barkal Wonder.
• Civ Unique Ability: Nubia gets bonus production towards Ranged units, and all Ranged units gain combat experience faster. Mines provide extra production over strategic resources, and extra gold over luxury resources.
• Leader Unique Ability: Amanitore gives Nubia bonus production towards building Districts, which can be boosted further if there is a Nubian Pyramid adjacent to the City Center.
• Unique Unit: The Pitati Archer replaces the Ancient Era Archer. It is stronger and faster than the ancient Archer and upgrades to Crossbowman.
• Unique Infrastructure: The Nubian Pyramid can be built on Desert, Desert Hills, or Floodplains, and provides Faith, as well as additional yields based on the adjacent District, or Food for the City Center.
New “Gifts of the Nile” Scenario:
• Choose Nubia or Egypt as you compete against the other civ to be the first to complete 7 Temples to Amun in this scenario set along the banks of the great Nile River.
• Includes unique rules and gameplay, and the Nile River is navigable by Naval units.
• 125 Turn limit.
New Jebel Barkal Wonder:
• This Wonder provides extra Faith to all nearby Cities, and must be built on Desert Hills.
*MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
©2018 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Sid Meier’s Civilization, Civilization, Civ, 2K, Firaxis Games, Take-Two Interactive Software and their respective logos are all trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.