Shovel Knight Showdown is the ultimate platform fighting experience, where you can duel with up to 4 players and scramble after gems as your favorite heroic or villainous knight from the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove saga. Gather your pals for endless multiplayer clashes, or choose from more than 16 playable characters in Story Mode, each with their own unique story to tell. Master every move, explore a vast array of items and locales, and discover new revelations in Shovel Knight Showdown!
When a magical catastrophe creates a world of never-ending battle, the heroes and villains of the Shovel Knight saga must discover the source of the disaster and fight to set things right! Play as your favorite character (alone or with a friend in co-op battles), face off against powerful rivals, and perfect your platform fighting skills in full-featured practice and target modes on your way to an all-new final encounter. Unlock new content and revisit Shovel Knight Showdown again and again as you dig into an immense variety of single-player and local multiplayer modes, features, and customizations.
• Play as all the key heroes and villains from Shovel Knight, many for the first time ever! Master over 16 playable characters including Shovel Knight, Shield Knight, Black Knight, The Enchantress, and all of the Knights of the Order of No Quarter!
• Compete in one-on-one duels and frantic 4 player free-for-alls against local challengers in modes like Gem Clash, Showdown, and more!
• Join your friends in cooperative team battles against AI opponents (or each other), and create your dream duos from the sprawling cast of characters!
• Battle through Story Mode, a multistage journey customized for each character! Your chosen hero will face a rival, defeat scores of opponents, relax with a minigame or two, and hopefully see their tale completed after an all-new final encounter!
• Explore myriad stages inspired by famous characters and locales in Shovel Knight, as well as a plethora of all-new locations.
• Prepare and perfect your moves in practice mode, play to your heart’s content with tons of battle customization options, and hone your skills with treacherous feats and the chaotic Target mode.
• New songs complement an award-winning soundtrack composed by Jake “Virt” Kaufman.
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Dec 10, 2019
- No. of Players
- up to 4 players
- Action, Fighting, Multiplayer, Platformer
- Yacht Club Games
- Supported Play Modes:
Get even more from your games with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
This paid service gives you access to online play, a selection of NES™ games, cloud backup for your save data in compatible games, and more.
Learn more and sign up >
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
Disclaimer: If you own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, you will NOT need to purchase Shovel Knight Showdown separately. This title is included with all versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Shovel Knight™, the Shovel Knight logo, and the Shovel Knight characters are trademarks of Yacht Club Games™ and are registered in certain jurisdictions, including in the United States. ©2019 Yacht Club Games L.L.C. All Rights Reserved.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.