ESPN Sports Connection™ is a fun new way to connect with family and friends and play the most popular sports from a new perspective. ESPN Sports Connection is being developed specifically for Nintendo’s Wii™ U™ system to take full advantage of Nintendo’s New Controller. Play solo, team up in co-op to experience new gameplay possibilities, or compete in multiplayer to take full advantage of Nintendo’s New Controller.
- Play six of the most popular sports: soccer, football, baseball, tennis, golf, and karting.
- Touch controls. Use the New Controller to control a blitz in football to sack the quarterback or score a curled free kick in soccer!
- Play with Wii MotionPlus using real sports gestures! Swing with precision in golf or hit a home run in baseball.
- Play both on your TV and New Controller. Drive your kart to victory competing with up to five players (four split screens on your TV + the New Controller), or play solo switching anytime between the New Controller and TV!
- Get inside the action. Use the New Controller as a frame to scan and analyze the field to give insightful advice as a caddie in golf.
- Play fun mini-games. Try the Serving Machine Challenge in tennis and hit balls quickly as you challenge your friends.
- Connect with friends. Create teams, get rewards, accept challenges and share scores on the worldwide leaderboard.
- Wii U
- Release Date
- Nov 18, 2012
- No. of Players
- up to 5 players
- Sports, Party
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.