RIOT – Civil Unrest is the highly anticipated real-time riot simulator that places the player right in the heart of some of the world’s most fractious clashes. Campaigns include: Indignados (Spain), Arab Spring (Egypt), Keratea (Greece) and NoTAV (Italy). Seventeen single level scenarios include Rome, Oakland, Paris, London and Ukraine.
RIOT – Civil Unrest’s creator, Leonard Menchiari, experienced rioting first-hand at the NoTAV protests in Italy. He created the game to tell the stories and express the feelings experienced during these clashes. What triggers the crowd to behave with such anger and aggression? Often outnumbered, what does a police officer feel like during the conflict? RIOT – Civil Unrest presents the player with the opportunity to experience both sides of the fight - a fight in which there really are no winners. Who is right and who is wrong? Experience RIOT – Civil Unrest and draw your own conclusions.
Play as the Police
• Employ numerous crowd-control tactics, both passive and aggressive.
• Command Assault, Tactical, and Ballistic squads.
• Call in police trucks, water cannon or even a tank!
• Choose whether to use smoke grenades, rubber and plastic bullets or even live ammunition.
Play as the Rioters
• Instruct Rioters (armed and passive) and Journalists.
• Incite rage and cause the masses to act aggressively or try to calm the situation with tactical crowd reformation and retreats.
• Attack authority with Molotov cocktails, fireworks, paper-bombs, rocks, street furniture and the power of the media.
• Sixteen campaign levels split over four scenarios; Keratea (Greece), NoTAV (Italy), Indignados (Spain) and Arab Spring (Egypt).
• See the story unfold from both sides - play all thirty-two levels as the Rioters or the Police.
• Single player mode - play against the computer AI.
• Versus mode – play with or against a friend or AI.
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Feb 05, 2019
- No. of Players
- up to 4 players
- File Size
- 1.6 GB
- Simulation, Strategy
- Merge Games
- Supported Play Modes:
*MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
RIOT - Civil Unrest developed by IV Productions, published by Merge Games Ltd. © 2018. RIOT - Civil Unrest and IV Productions are trademarks or registered trademarks of IV Productions. Merge Games is a trademark or registered trademark of Merge Games Ltd. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.