United States, 1830: ‘The New World’ is in its ascendancy. Industry is booming, and the race is on to establish the most dominant and powerful rail empire in all of North America. It’s time to outthink and outmaneuver your competitors as you lead your company into the 20th century!
In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps, and to keep your business on track you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
The Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition features the additional content Mexico, The Great Lakes and Crossing the Andes unlocking new scenarios on regional maps, additional soundtracks, locomotives as well as introducing the night & snow mode.
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
- Includes the additional content: Mexico, The Great Lakes and Crossing the Andes
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Mar 27, 2020
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- File Size
- 5.6 GB
- Simulation, Strategy
- Gaming Minds Studios
- Supported Play Modes:
Get even more from your games with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
This paid service gives you access to online play, a selection of NES™ games, cloud backup for your save data in compatible games, and more.
Learn more and sign up >
*MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
Railway Empire Copyright © 2019 Kalypso Media Group GmbH. Developed by Gaming Minds Studios, co-developed by Independant Arts Software. Published by Kalypso Media Group GmbH. Railway Empire is a trademark of Kalypso Media Group GmbH and is used under license. All rights reserved. All other logos, copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owner.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.