In Radio Commander you are playing as an American military commander serving in US Army during the Vietnam War.
This is not just another RTS, in which you are an invisible being hovering over the battlefield. In Radio Commander situation reports are given to you in form of dramatic radio statements sent by troops fighting on the ground. And your only accessory is a strategic map, on which you can place tokens and notes.
Radio Commander offers an unique experience very different from classic real time strategy games. It’s a bold try to redefine the genre, as the player will be involved in a decision making process much more realistic than those pictured by casual RTS titles. Ask for situation reports. Listen what your men have to tell you. Send evac choppers and nape drops. Defeat the invisible enemy.
Decide the fate of your soldiers. The choices you face will have a direct impact on the course of the game. They will also define views of your hero. Or maybe those are your views? Playing Radio Commander you must be prepared to answer tough questions about the righteousness of your actions, the price of a human life, and the toxic power of propaganda and stereotypes.
Radio Commander includes:
- 9 main campaign missions (every mission is possible to complete in several different ways),
- 9 animated briefings,
- 15 unit types, including: infantry, evac choppers, gunships, field artillery, aerial reconnaissance, M113 armored personnel carriers, and napalm-carrying F4 Phantom jets (every unit is described by a unique set of statistics and communicates with commander using a different voice),
- full voice over,
- over 200 dialogue blocks, used to construct radio messages,
- over 600 story dialogues between units and the commander.
- Release date:
- January 11, 2021
- 1 player
- Simulation, Puzzle, Action, Strategy
- Console Labs
- Games Operators
- Game file size:
- 2.1 GB
- Supported Languages:
- French, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, English
- Supported Play Modes:
Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately). See support for details.
Play online, access classic Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
© Console Labs S. A. © Games Operators S. A.