Pokémon Crystal is back and brimming with new features
Originally released for the Game Boy™ Color system in 2000, the Pokémon™ Crystal game added several new features to the Pokémon franchise. For the first time, players could choose a female or male character, Pokémon battles featured animation, and more. And now, this Virtual Console release invites you to explore the Johto region again—or for the first time.
- Experience an adventure through Johto based on the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver games, but with updated features and added story elements specific to the Pokémon Crystal game.
- Get the chance to encounter the Mythical Pokémon Celebi in an event after completing the main adventure.
- Meet the mysterious character Eusine and find out how he’s linked to the Legendary Pokémon Suicune.
- Battle and trade with friends using local wireless.*
- With the paid service Pokémon Bank, you’ll be able to bring Pokémon you have caught in this version of Pokémon Crystal into the Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Pokémon Ultra Moon games!
This game is only playable in 2D.
This classic game is part of the Virtual Console service, which brings you great games created for consoles such as NES™, Super NES™ and Game Boy™ Advance. See more Virtual Console games for Nintendo 3DS.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Jan 26, 2018
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- File Size
- 89 Blocks
- GAME FREAK Inc.
*To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
Game in 2D.
*Additional games and systems required. Sold separately.
©1995 - 2017 Pokémon. ©1995-2017 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. Pokémon and Nintendo 3DS are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2017 Nintendo.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.