Pokémon Crystal Version
Pokémon Crystal is back and brimming with new features
Originally released for the Game Boy™ Color system in 2000, the Pokémon™ Crystal game added several new features to the Pokémon franchise. For the first time, players could choose a female or male character, Pokémon battles featured animation, and more. And now, this Virtual Console release invites you to explore the Johto region again—or for the first time.
- Experience an adventure through Johto based on the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver games, but with updated features and added story elements specific to the Pokémon Crystal game.
- Get the chance to encounter the Mythical Pokémon Celebi in an event after completing the main adventure.
- Meet the mysterious character Eusine and find out how he’s linked to the Legendary Pokémon Suicune.
- Battle and trade with friends using local wireless.*
- With the paid service Pokémon Bank, you’ll be able to bring Pokémon you have caught in this version of Pokémon Crystal into the Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Pokémon Ultra Moon games!
This game is only playable in 2D.
This classic game is part of the Virtual Console service, which brings you great games created for consoles such as NES™, Super NES™ and Game Boy™ Advance. See more Virtual Console games for Nintendo 3DS.
- Release date:
- Jan 26, 2018
- 1 player
- Undefined, Adventure
- GAME FREAK Inc.
- Game file size:
- 89 Blocks
*To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
Game in 2D.
*Additional games and systems required. Sold separately.
©1995 - 2017 Pokémon. ©1995-2017 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. Pokémon and Nintendo 3DS are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2017 Nintendo.