Create, play, and share in your own customized world.
Create wacky creatures called “formees,” and bring them to life on your Nintendo 3DS™ system to populate your very own planet! Choose from over 600 different forms to complete your creation— like wings for flying or wheels for rolling. The choices you make will determine what abilities your formee will have and how it will move around the world. The possibilities are nearly endless! The more formees you make, the bigger the planet becomes and the more ways you will have to play in it. This deluxe version of the game contains all the content of the original Nintendo eShop release and some new features, such as dungeons to explore plus enhanced creating and sharing capabilities.
- Using the stylus on the touch screen, players build their own custom creatures, called "formees." No drawing skills are needed, so players of all ages can give it a try.
- Choose from over 600 different forms to complete your creation— like wings for flying or wheels for rolling. The choices you make will determine what abilities your formee will have and how it will move around the world.
- Explore the worlds with your formees and complete quests to be awarded prizes, or enter the new dungeons to battle random formees.
- Players can even redesign elements in the game world. Don't like puffy, white clouds? Make them purple with pink polka dots or black and spiky.
- The more formees you make, the larger the game world grows and the more diverse areas there are to explore. There is a sky world for flying formees, ocean world for swimming formees, and cityscape for formees with wheels.
- Equip new special powers to your formees to give them a unique look and make them more powerful when battling in the dungeons. Some powers will make them look as if they are covered in flames or snowflakes.
- The new Download Play feature, Formee Playhouse, is where players make formees and then show them off with up to three other players at one time.
- Easily share formees by activating the StreetPass™ feature to wirelessly swap formees with other players or make QR Code® graphics of them to trade them with others.
- Load QR Code graphics that have been saved to your SD Card.
QR Code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED in JAPAN and other countries. © 2011-2012 Nintendo. Freakyforms and Nintendo 3DS are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2012 Nintendo.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Nov 05, 2012
- No. of Players
- up to 4 players
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.