Uh-oh, you're using an unsupported browser.
To view the screenshot gallery, upgrade to the latest version of either Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
Now you're playing with power—online
With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, gain exclusive access to a large collection of NES™ games that are great to play anytime, anywhere! For the first time ever, you can play these classic games online and use voice chat via the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app*. Compete or cooperate online with friends, share your screen, or virtually pass the controller, depending on the game.
Conquer classics such as The Legend of Zelda™, Super Mario Bros™. 3, and Donkey Kong™. Depending on the game, you can engage in online competitive or co-op multiplayer, or take turns controlling the action. Need back up? Then team up in cooperative games like Double Dragon and Ice Climber™. You can also compete against a friend in Dr. Mario™, Ice Hockey, and even Pro Wrestling—available for the first time since its original 1987 release! Friends can even watch each other play single-player games online, and virtually "pass the controller" at any time. Every classic NES game included in this collection will support voice chat via the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app*. Look forward to more games, which will be added regularly!
- A large selection of classic NES™ games with newly added online play.
- Share a Joy-Con™ controller with a friend for instant multiplayer fun in two-player games.
- Games can also be played offline, so you can play while on the go—anytime, anywhere.
- Use the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app* to play online with voice chat.
- Create suspend points for each game to save your progress.
- With online play added to every game, you can compete or cooperate online with friends, share your screen, or pass the controller, depending on the game.
- At the start of service in September 2018, 20 titles will be available, and more NES games will be added, growing the selection.
- Cursor - When playing online, you can display a cursor on a friend's screen. Use this handy tool to give hints or point out strategic locations. You can even clap to congratulate your friend.
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Sep 18, 2018
- No. of Players
- 2 players simultaneous
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
*Persistent internet and compatible smartphone required; data charges may apply. Nintendo Account age 13+ required. Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app features available in compatible games. The Nintendo Account User Agreement, including the Purchase and Subscription terms, apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
To install the purchased product, you may need more storage than the amount listed on Nintendo eShop. If you don't have enough storage available, delete unnecessary software or use a microSD card (sold separately) with enough space. Deleted software can be redownloaded for as long as it is available on Nintendo eShop. Storage requirements subject to change.
The storage requirements will increase as additional games are added to the software.
The games compiled in this software are reproductions of the original games for use on the Nintendo Switch system. There are some differences in game performance and presentation as compared to the original versions of these games. A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to access the games.
Game trademarks and copyrights are properties of their respective owners. Nintendo properties are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2018 Nintendo. The Nintendo Account User Agreement, including the Purchase and Subscription terms, apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.