Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures.
Explore randomly‐generated worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Play in Creative Mode with unlimited resources or mine deep into the world in survival mode, crafting weapons and armor to fend off the dangerous mobs.
Craft, create, and explore alone, or with up to four players in split‐screen* and up to eight online. Compete with your friends in Battle, a mini game for Minecraft console editions where you get to challenge up to 8 players online or 4 players in split-screen in a fight for survival, where speed, strategy- and sometimes just pure luck- will make you the winner.
To celebrate Minecraft on Wii U, this game now comes with the Super Mario Mash‐up Pack. Mario and Minecraft, together at last! The pack includes:
- 40 new Super Mario‐themed skins including Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach, as well as troublemakers like Bowser, Wario and all seven Koopalings
- Super Mario World itself! Professional Minecraft builders have remade the likeness of the Mushroom Kingdom and beyond, with Mario‐themed versions of the Overworld, The Nether and The End for you to explore.
- So many Mario‐inspired surprises to discover, from islands shaped like Warp Pipes to towering sculptures of Nintendo's iconic characters. We've recreated villainous hideouts, too: like Bowser's Castle, Bowser’s ship, and Boo’s House.
- Super Mario‐style textures, numerous Mario‐themed puzzles, dozens of character skins and music from Super Mario 64 to enjoy
- Wii U
- Release Date
- Dec 17, 2015
- No. of Players
- up to 8 players
- Action, Adventure
- Mojang AB
- 4J Studios Ltd. / Microsoft Studios
*MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
*To experience split-screen functionality a high-definition television is required.
The game supports the following languages via an in-game language select function; English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.