Mighty No. 9Nintendo 3DS
Classic Japanese Side-Scrolling Action…Transformed!
Mighty No. 9 is a Japanese 2D Side-scrolling Action game that takes the best elements from 8 and 16-bit classics that you know and love and transforms them with modern tech, fresh mechanics, and fan input into something fresh and amazing!
You play as Beck, the 9th in a line of powerful robots, and the only one not infected by a mysterious computer virus that has caused mechanized creatures the world over to go berserk. Run, jump, blast, and transform your way through twelve stages using weapons and abilities stolen from your enemies to take down your fellow Mighty Number robots and confront the final evil that threatens the planet!
Every aspect of Mighty No. 9's development—art, level design, music, programming, etc.—is being handled by veteran Japanese game creators with extensive experience in the genre, all the way up to and including the project's leader, Keiji Inafune himself!
- Classic 2D Action: Transformed! Face off against your 8 Mighty brethren and unlock new transformations as you defeat them, granting you unique skills and abilities!
- Play through 12 Challenging Stages in a single player campaign that will put both your thumbs and action platforming skills to the test!
- New Game+ with unlockable two additional difficulty levels for those who want an even Mightier challenge.
- Single Player Challenge mode with dozens of mini missions to fully test your skills!
- Boss Rush Mode: Play through each of the game's bosses, back to back, with a clock ticking to keep track of your best time, so you can share, compare, and show off your skills to your friends!
- Show the world your Mightiness in the 2 Player Online Race Battle where you compete online, racing through each stage together in a head to head battle - adding an all new twist on versus mode play that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign!
- 2 Player Online Co-Op Challenge Mode: take on over a dozen missions online with a friend, playing as Beck and his partner, Call! Use Beck and Call’s different powers together in order to defeat these special challenges!
- Leaderboards & Rankings: Use Beck's Absorption Dash skill and his other abilities & transformations to chain together combos and perfect your run-throughs to earn those sweet high scores and S-Ranks!
- Mighty No.9 is a veritable who's who of veteran game composers (Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi, Ippo Yamada), so we thought, why not tap into that retro vibe? Mighty No. 9 features an optional chiptune version of the entire game soundtrack which you can toggle on and off!
*To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.