Explore the thought-provoking memories of a child with drunk and broken parents. Based on real experiences, this award-winning story makes no compromise.
How may a resenting and alcoholic household affect a little girl full of imagination? How may she perceive the twisted and manipulative family dynamics?
Grow up with Lydia and try to understand the feelings, behaviours and events that moulded critical moments of her life. Confront the monster with your own sensitivity.
This hand-drawn game can be completed in around one hour. The emotional music was composed by renowned film composer Juhana Lehtiniemi.
The issues reflected in this story unfortunately happen in real people’s daily life. You can provide some help by donating to the "Fragile Childhood" foundation via the DLC #LydiaDonation.
• "Lydia is an important game, not just because it broaches an important subject matter, but for how it uses its art direction, music, and storytelling to highlight the issues it's bringing to our attention." GodisaGeek
• "It successfully tells a haunting story about abuse and heartbreak without necessarily shoving it down your throat, and that’s really hard to do." Nintendo Life
• "Lydia is a small game, but it sends a bigger message..." Pure Nintendo
DEVELOPED BY Platonic Partnership
“Our Finnish studio is focusing on narrative-driven games that motivate change. Lydia is someone who wishes for a happy childhood but can never have it. People with similar experiences will see this, so hopefully the game is really genuine and respectful.” – Henri Tervapuro, graphic novel artist and co-author of this self-inspired story.
PUBLISHED BY Nakana.io
“We gather games that share a strong experience to remember. We try to grow real changes from the seeds of their message, like with the #LydiaDonation DLC.” – Mikaël Bourget, founder of the publishing label.
- Release date:
- January 17, 2020
- 1 player
- Adventure, Other, Education, Lifestyle
- Platonic Partnership
- Game file size:
- 657 MB
- Supported Languages:
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese
- Supported Play Modes:
Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately). See support for details.
Play online, access classic Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
When you purchase this DLC:
● You offer to Lydia a colouring book of monsters that she can paint with happy colours. You receive this content in the game and can capture a screenshot of the drawings created by your generous donation - to share with the hashtag #LydiaDonation.
● Nakana.io will transfer their net revenues generated by your purchase to Fragile Childhood (A-Clinic Foundation), a non-profit organisation preventing and diminishing harm caused to children and adults due to parental substance abuse.
The quotes displayed in the DLC video were written and published online by real players of the PC version.
“The #LydiaDonation DLC is our way to use the visibility of the game to actually support some real changes via your contribution.” – Platonic Partnership & Nakana.io
Visit the website of Nakana.io to see in more detail how we use the money received from the DLC sales.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
© 2020 Nakana sp. z o.o. / Platonic Partnership Oy, Ltd