Take Aim at a Timeless Adventure
Some 25 years after the original Kid Icarus™ game for NES™ captured the hearts and imaginations of gamers worldwide, Kid Icarus: Uprising brings the action and adventure of this beloved series to new heights – and new visual dimensions – on the Nintendo 3DS™ system. The dark goddess Medusa and her Underworld Army have returned, and they’ve got their sights set on the heroic angel Pit. With the aid of Palutena, goddess of light and guardian of the human race, Pit must fend off this malevolent threat. The richly immersive graphics of the Nintendo 3DS system offerincredible depth as Pit battles enemies by air and by land.
- Designed by Masashiro Sakurai – creator of Super Smash Bros.™ – Kid Icarus: Uprising is an epic, action-packed odyssey that unfolds with stunning 3D visuals. The game also includes fully-voiced levels and an amazing soundtrack.
- Each Chapter delivers nonstop action and is broken up into two sections: Air Battle and Land Battle. In Air Battle the action unfolds like a dynamic guided shooter. When Pit is facing enemies in Land Battle, the game play handles more like a third-person shooter.
- A wide variety of collectible weapons offers an extraordinary amount replay value. With 9 different categories of weapons, ranging from Bows to Claws, players can learn the unique characteristics of each weapon and determine which is best suited for each battle and their style of play.
- Experience an innovative take on multiplayer battles in Light vs. Dark, as two teams battle on land whittling away at the other team’s health meter each time a team member is defeated. The team battle then changes to a man-hunt once one team’s meter is emptied. The opposing team must target the other team’s lone angel to win the match.
- The game includes AR Card compatibility. Using the built-in 3D camera on the Nintendo 3DS system, the game recognizes countless specially designed AR Cards, with animated game characters popping up in 3D on the game screen and even battling each other when two cards face off.
- The game’s simple, intuitive play control has players hold the system in their left hand, while the right hand uses the stylus on the touch screen for targeting. The controls are simple enough to be grasped quickly, but offer layers of depth and strategy for advanced maneuvers.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Mar 23, 2012
- No. of Players
- up to 6 players
- Project Sora Co., Ltd.
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.