Tomb Raider: UnderworldWii
Uh-oh, you're using an unsupported browser.
To view the screenshot gallery, upgrade to the latest version of either Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
Embark on a perilous journey around the world to uncover the secrets of a forgotten power that, if unleashed, could lay waste to all civilization. Experience a new level of challenge and choice in this epic tomb raiding adventure.
For generations, stories have been told of the fearsome weapon of Thor,
the Norse god of thunder. Legend holds that Thor’s hammer had the power
to smash mountains into valleys and to destroy even the gods. For more
than a thousand years it has existed only as a myth…until now.
In an ancient ruin on the floor of the Mediterranean Sea, Lara Croft uncovers proof of the Norse underworld and the mythical hammer. As she attempts to unravel the secrets behind these myths, Lara’s perilous journey leads her toward a forgotten power that, if unleashed, could lay waste to all civilization.
- Master your surroundings: Reach new heights with the broadest range of acrobatic abilities and utilize objects within the environment to uncover new paths to explore.
- Explore epic and unknown worlds: Discover ancient mysteries of the underworld hidden within the coast of Thailand, frozen islands of the Arctic Sea, the jungles of Mexico, and more.
- Treacherous and unpredictable challenges: Each level is an elaborate multi-stage puzzle masked within an interactive environmental playground offering more flexibility over how the area is solved.
- New state-of-the-art gear: Utilize the latest technology in Lara’s upgraded inventory to navigate the world including:
– Multi-purpose grapple: A claw-like device with a high-tension cable designed for climbing, rappelling, performing wall runs and manipulating objects within the environment.
– All-terrain motorbike: A unique vehicle design built to drive on everything from mud to snow and ice.
EXCLUSIVE Wii FEATURES
- Built specifically for the Wii: Level design and environmental challenges are designed to take advantage of the unique capabilities of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
- Exclusive Multi-Tool: Excavate hidden secrets with this modernized and expanded tool kit that includes:
–Compressed Air Gun: A high-powered instrument used to clear away dirt or silt.
–Acetylene Torch: An advanced, multipurpose torch used to weld metal objects, set fire to objects, and melt ice.
–Chisel: Pry apart objects or chip away sediment in order to discover hidden secrets.
–Pliers: Extract elements from ancient devices.
- Exclusive Active Aim Combat System: The combat system has been enhanced for more fluid character control and more precise aiming with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
- Expanded Camera Control: Take more control of the camera using the Wii Remote. If the Wii Remote is not pointed at the screen, the camera will follow Lara automatically. If it is pointed at the screen, the game will enter a “free look” mode
- Release Date
- Nov 18, 2008
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- Action, Adventure
- Eidos Interactive
- Crystal Dynamics