Your battle. Your future. Your fate.
Two kingdoms are on the brink of war. Whose side will you choose? Torn between two families, you're an heir of Hoshido, raised by Nohrian royals. If you choose the path of Birthright, you'll battle the corrupted king of Nohr beside a family of strangers.
You may also choose the path of Conquest, where you must fight to change your misguided kingdom from within. Learn about Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest.
Command warriors with expert precision and forge deep relationships to master this turn-based strategy game. For the first time ever, your customized avatar is the main hero. An army of knights, mages, archers and more are at your command in the most tactical battles in series history. Each unit and weapon has strengths and weaknesses you must consider for every foe you face. Partner allies on the battlefield so they can support each other in combat. Building relationships is key—the closer your allies become, the better they'll fight together. Their future is at your command, but first you must make the most important decision in the history of Fire Emblem.
- For the first time in the Fire Emblem™ series, your customized avatar is the main character (Prince or Princess of Hoshido Kingdom)
- Epic storyline centered on your avatar, forced to choose between bloodline and family who raised you.
- New "My Castle" area to interact with your allies and build stronger relationships
- Have StreetPass™ encounters with other players to visit their My Castle
- Tap in corresponding Fire Emblem amiibo™ figures and Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin will appear in your game, ready for you to battle and recruit
Once you choose your path between Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, you will enter a complete gameplay experience with different sets of characters to battle against and ally with. When you want to explore the other path (which is also a complete gameplay experience), you can purchase it at a discounted price in-game, adding an alternate take to the events that transpired between the kingdoms of Nohr and Hoshido.
Please make sure not to purchase both Birthright and Conquest at full price on Nintendo eShop. To purchase the second path at a discounted price, please select the Explore Fates option that appears at the beginning of Chapter Six, or purchase a download code at retail to redeem within the in-game shop Dragon's Gate.
* The third path—Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation—will bring a conclusion to the saga. In order to play Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, you must own either the Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or the Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest game. At the beginning of Chapter Six, you can access the in-game shop Dragon's Gate or select the Explore Fates option to purchase it. Download codes for Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation will also be available at participating retailers.
"Fire Emblem Fates will fuel your inner fire" - Desctructoid (8.5/10)
"It’s an emotional and engaging journey…" - IGN (9.4/10)
"…a captivating story within each game" - Polygon
9.25/10 - Game Informer
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Feb 19, 2016
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- Strategy, Role-Playing
- Intelligent Systems
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
This game has downloadable content (DLC) available, so you can keep the fun going!
You can purchase DLC from Nintendo eShop on your device.View DLC
This game is compatible with amiibo.
Just tap in an amiibo accessory to score new characters, game modes, or other perks!
See all compatible amiibo
Figures shown not actual size and designs may vary. Compatibility and functionality of amiibo may vary per game. Software updates may be required.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.