Available Now Coming Oct 04, 2005
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Take your Nintendo DS into the operating room!
You play doctor in the high-pressure job of surgeon. The stylus is your scalpel, but it's your quick thinking that will save lives.
• Feel the pressure of each tense, challenging operation
• Operate on a wide variety of patients in story mode, then return later
and try to beat your high scores
• Experience a compelling story with intriguing characters
• Use your applied skills to solve the puzzle of each surgery
• Detailed graphics bring the human body to life
At first it's just another day in the O.R., but when a mysterious outbreak sweeps the area, the patients' lives are in your hands -- no pressure. Keep a cool head, or you’ll be out on the street.
In the year 2018, mankind has overcome a number of diseases once thought incurable. However, a new plague, called GUILT (Gangliated Utrophin Immuno Latency Toxin), has emerged to threaten humanity. Very little is known about this new disease, but rumor has it that GUILT might be the first biological weapon used for "medical terrorism."
You play as Derek Stiles, a doctor who has just completed his residency and joined the surgical team at Hope Hospital, where routine cases are about to become something far more serious. The touch screen is your canvas, and you'll use a variety of medical tools and techniques to make incisions, heal wounds and remove tumors. Because of the urgency of most procedures, you're on the clock. Perform the procedure before time runs out or your patient is doomed.
On either side of the touch screen are icons of various surgical instruments. To switch instruments, simply tap an icon. A nurse appears on the top screen to keep you informed of the patient's vital signs and give you advice and encouragement.
Trauma Center: Under the Knife is a little more forgiving than real-life operations. Although precision is good, you aren't often penalized for a less-than-accurate cut. In fact, the game allows you to make a limited number of misses. It will affect your score in the long run, but a miss won't stop you from saving a patient's life. Running out of time will, though.
After you complete an operation, you can perform the operation again in the Challenge mode to try to get a better score and perform the perfect operation.
Go ahead, play virtual doctor! A compelling story and characters add a deeply human touch to this unusual sim. Plus, the game makes great use of the DS stylus and touch screen.
- System Nintendo DS
- Release Date Oct 04, 2005
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Simulation
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?